Women's Suffrage

Started by Heinrich, January 02, 2013, 03:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penelope

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 02, 2013, 07:56:19 PM
The poll may be confusing, because it is seemingly based on a mix of "within the current system" or "in an ideal world" where voting may not be present at all.

I'm apt to agree with this. My answer is different depending on which system (current or ideal) the OP is talking about. I suspect the OP meant "within the current system," in which case, my vote would be "no."

Greg

Erin has not spotted this thread yet.  She will.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Greg on January 02, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Then it will be Erinisnotnice
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

tmw89

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 03, 2013, 03:17:00 AM
Quote from: Greg on January 02, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Then it will be Erinisnotnice

Depending on how hot it gets, perhaps we'll see the advent of ErinisREALLYnotnice  ;D
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Vetus Ordo

Women's suffrage? Sure, why not?

It should go without saying, though, that our votes - be them male or female - don't count for much when it comes to shaping our western democratic societies. It's the elites who really rule and govern the affairs of nations, no matter the political system in place.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.