Church/Covid Vent Thread

Started by CF Mathews, October 03, 2020, 09:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I've never been obedient.

History has proven me right.  The people in charge are weakling, faggots and apostates.  If you obeyed them for the last 50 years then you were a sucker.

They kind of bishop I would need to obey (i.e. a faithful one) I would agree with and want to do what he instructed me anyway.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

CF Mathews

Quote from: diaduit on October 08, 2020, 09:52:01 PM
This covid nonsense is sending us back to the 'handwringing' phase about obedience.

Ireland is back at 'level 3' lockdown.  Last spring it was phases now we're at levels, the new words change faster than a baby's nappy.  Masses are online only but churches open for private prayer.  We're back to sneaking around to get the Sacraments.  No indoor dining, pubs that finally opened two weeks ago are now only open if they serve outdoors.  We're in Ireland, its raining or freezing or both this time of year so basically pubs are closed. Some hotels have shut down because of the indoor dining nonsense and the level 3 is supposed to be only for 3 weeks.  Where have we heard that before!!  I do believe we will be in full lockdown for Christmas.  Well you know what ...good.
Those dam NO Catholics who go to mass once a year for Christmas and then only weddings and funerals, this will interfere with the magic of Christmas for them so I hope it stirs up some sort of reaction as its beyond pathetic at the moment.

Okay, this is what this thread was really for.  People expressing what is in their hearts and getting some emotional support.  I am sorry you are suffering so much in Ireland.  I am in New York and things have been pretty good for a while.  I dread going back to "sneaking around" and watching Mass in my den in my pajamas.  I will pray for Ireland.  I'm half Irish:)

Heinrich

Two instances for me recently: at Dos Amigos in Portsmouth, NH: kicked out for not wearing mask. I told the laddies that Covid is a fraud. They told me to take it to city hall. I called "those guys a fags!" Left. Then, at Dunkin' Donuts this morning in Mason, Ohio a corpulent, beastie gal chastised me and another lady for not wearing masks. I filmed her, she flipped. Flipped off the camera, told 'the camera' she hopes I die and my children too. All on camera.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jayne

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on October 08, 2020, 06:48:18 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on October 08, 2020, 06:04:14 AM
The Society near me has a register for Mass form online. I don't want to divulge too much online, other than the environment was not masky.

There must be more Father Nolans. Speak out and call it what it is.

Do people go along with this monstrous imposition?

Registering online to attend Mass = putting your name on yet another list.

I register for Mass and wear a mask when I go there.  I think that Daniel's take is correct.  We are  to obey legitimate authority unless commanded to sin.  I do not think that doing these things is sinful therefore I do them.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Heinrich

The Society near me has a register for Mass form online. I don't want to divulge too much online, other than the environment was not masky.

That's what I don't want to put in writing. Let's just say that you would be comfortable there(in that respect. There are a gazillions kiddos!). Very well stated as such, i.e. "monstrous imposition."
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Jayne on October 09, 2020, 04:15:09 PM
I think that Daniel's take is correct.  We are  to obey legitimate authority unless commanded to sin.  I do not think that doing these things is sinful therefore I do them.

Many traditionalist (non-SV) priests do not think that your and Daniel's take is correct, and so I will follow them, not you and Daniel.

"Legitimate authority" in name, by the way, can commit illegitimate acts by unlawfully extending their reach.  That's the entire point that priests are making.

Heinrich

Quote from: Miriam_M on October 09, 2020, 05:02:54 PM
I think that Daniel's take is correct.  We are  to obey legitimate authority unless commanded to sin.  I do not think that doing these things is sinful therefore I do them.

Many traditionalist (non-SV) priests do not think that your and Daniel's take is correct, and so I will follow them, not you and Daniel.

"Legitimate authority" in name, by the way, can commit illegitimate acts by unlawfully extending their reach.  That's the entire point that priests are making.

Jayne has a dream of one day being a legitimate authority.

Jayne

There are no grounds for implying that you are taking the traditional Catholic position supported by priests while I am not. 

There may be some priests who say what you describe, but other traditional priests do not.  I received the request to register for Mass and to comply with the mask laws from traditional priests.  This is the position of all the traditional priests I know personally.  I daresay you know some too.  You are following the priests who are telling you what you want to hear.

I really do not understand why so many posters on this forum treat the rejection of masks and other Covid measures like some sort of holy cause.  It has no obvious connection to the Faith.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Jayne on October 09, 2020, 05:27:10 PM

There are no grounds for implying that you are taking the traditional Catholic position supported by priests while I am not. 

There may be some priests who say what you describe, but other traditional priests do not.  I received the request to register for Mass and to comply with the mask laws from traditional priests.  This is the position of all the traditional priests I know personally. 

I really do not understand why so many posters on this forum treat the rejection of masks and other Covid measures like some sort of holy cause.  It has no obvious connection to the Faith.

No, it is not "obvious" that it "has no connection to the Faith," but if you're too lazy to read the many replies on these and many other SD threads on this same topic, then live with your own decision to ignore the explanations of others and not to acquaint yourself with the trained opinions of many expert traditionalist priests, not just those you happen "to know personally." I gave explicit theological reasons in more than one of my own posts on this forum.  Additionally, however, it's a matter of the Sensus Fidelium for many of us cradle trads.

The Theosist

I register for Mass and wear a mask when I go there.  I think that Daniel's take is correct.  We are  to obey legitimate authority unless commanded to sin.  I do not think that doing these things is sinful therefore I do them.

And I think obedience to tyrants is evil and acquiescence to their orders not so much scandalous as outright enabling of the evils they commit.

I'm swear I'm done with 90% of humanity. They can all be corralled like sheep and tagged and bagged into soylent green for all I care, as it seems they actually want it.

Jayne

Quote from: Miriam_M on October 09, 2020, 05:34:29 PM
No, it is not "obvious" that it "has no connection to the Faith," but if you're too lazy to read the many replies on these and many other SD threads on this same topic, then live with your own decision to ignore the explanations of others and not to acquaint yourself with the trained opinions of many expert traditionalist priests, not just those you happen "to know personally." I gave explicit theological reasons in more than one of my own posts on this forum. 

It doesn't occur to you that I might have read the replies and disagreed with them?  You assume that it is laziness. 

There is no reason to think that the priests who take the position you favour are any more trained or more expert than the ones who disagree.   I am listening to the priests who have had pastoral charge over me for years, not looking for alleged "experts" to tell me what I want to hear.

CF Mathews

Quote from: Heinrich on October 09, 2020, 01:47:37 PM
Two instances for me recently: at Dos Amigos in Portsmouth, NH: kicked out for not wearing mask. I told the laddies that Covid is a fraud. They told me to take it to city hall. I called "those guys a fags!" Left. Then, at Dunkin' Donuts this morning in Mason, Ohio a corpulent, beastie gal chastised me and another lady for not wearing masks. I filmed her, she flipped. Flipped off the camera, told 'the camera' she hopes I die and my children too. All on camera.

You are a man after my own heart!  But...did you not get the memo?  Its called DUNKIN now dude!  Get it straight!  I walked into Dunkin recently with a mask saying "Occult Ritual."  No one said anything.  But she did get my order wrong. ;D

diaduit

Quote from: The Theosist on October 09, 2020, 05:37:02 PM

And I think obedience to tyrants is evil and acquiescence to their orders not so much scandalous as outright enabling of the evils they commit.

I'm swear I'm done with 90% of humanity. They can all be corralled like sheep and tagged and bagged into soylent green for all I care, as it seems they actually want it.

Yes, mask compliance is an outward sign of NWO acceptance either knowingly or not just as wearing the scapular is a sign of your faith (children wear them and do not fully know what they are for).  What is worse though are those 'truthers' or 'red pilled' who know exactly what the mask is for and are too cowardly and gutless to say no. 

My gov are introducing on the spot fines for non mask wearers, I don't know how they can enforce this when there are medical exemptions and the Guards have no right to ask you to produce proof of exemption.

I am teetering on wearing my 'covid 1984' one, I haven't succumbed yet but at what point do I recognise my non compliance is futile so maybe my mask can be my protest!!!

Greg

A lot of Trads would rat you out to the New World Order's secret police. They would not even need to be threatened. They would simply sift in their minds which demands of the NWO were "reasonable".

If you cannot see this now then you will never see it until it is too late.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

awkwardcustomer

And when the legitimate authority mandates that only those with a Covid vaccination certificate can enter any public building including churches, what will you do?

Will you take the Covid vaccine if it the government says you can't attend Mass without it, especially if the priests you consult claim that this is legitimate?
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.