Non-Catholics welcome here?

Started by GBoldwater, February 12, 2020, 04:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBoldwater

"Non-Catholics" include Jews, Protestants, Muslims, Orthodox.
Why don't people from these groups come here?
Why do we find Agnostics and Atheists solely showing up here?
It's not to sincerely look into the truth of Catholicism.
It's to smother their consciences.
People fall away from Catholicism, and then show up here to grapple with Catholics. It makes them feel good about their choice of rejecting the faith each time they stump a Catholic or prove them wrong on something. In the meantime, subtly sowing doubts in Catholics, and enjoying it.
My posting in the non-Catholic sub-forum does not imply that I condone the decision to allow non-Catholics here. I consider non-Catholics here to be de facto "trolls" against the Catholic Faith that should be banned. I believe this is traditional Catholic moral procedure.

Vetus Ordo

This matter has already been discussed in this thread.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on February 12, 2020, 06:18:37 PM

Can you give a direct link to the thoughts that I just presented?
My posting in the non-Catholic sub-forum does not imply that I condone the decision to allow non-Catholics here. I consider non-Catholics here to be de facto "trolls" against the Catholic Faith that should be banned. I believe this is traditional Catholic moral procedure.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 12, 2020, 06:20:04 PM

Click the word "thread" in the quote. It is underlined. You'll be directed there.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on February 12, 2020, 06:23:12 PM

Click the word "thread" in the quote. It is underlined. You'll be directed there.

I saw that, but it is a long thread. Do you have a link to a particular place in that thread touching upon what I touched upon?

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 12, 2020, 06:24:26 PM

I saw that, but it is a long thread. Do you have a link to a particular place in that thread touching upon what I touched upon?

The thread is just 5 pages long and several posters there address the same concerns you expressed here.

If nothing else, you can take this opportunity to practice your reading comprehension skills.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on February 12, 2020, 06:28:53 PM

The thread is just 5 pages long and several posters there address the same concerns you expressed here.

If nothing else, you can take this opportunity to practice your reading comprehension skills.

Since you have a memory of this, is it possible for you to give a direct link?

Furthermore, it is sickening to read what non-Catholics say, so can you just point me directly to what you say?

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 12, 2020, 06:31:28 PM

I already did. The direct link is in reply #1 of this thread. Click on it and you'll be directed to the thread you are looking for.

In fact, if you're paying attention you'll realize that you have already contributed to said thread. You may wish to review what you wrote there, it's just a couple of weeks old.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on February 12, 2020, 06:37:05 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 12, 2020, 06:31:28 PM

I already did. The direct link is in reply #1 of this thread. Click on it and you'll be directed to the thread you are looking for.

In fact, if you're paying attention you'll realize that you have already contributed to said thread. You may wish to review what you wrote there, it's just a couple of weeks old.

I'm asking for a direct link to a mid post in that thread that you think covers what I said.

Mono no aware

As I said in the earlier thread, GBoldwater (which you yourself posted on and presumably read), I would prefer to stop posting here but I lack the self-discipline.  For myself, it's not too much of a difference either way except for some sunk time, but you seem to have a serious issue with it.  Therefore I will duly accept a permanent ban if you request the administrator to give me one. 

Please include a link to this post in your petition.  That way he can note two things: first, that I freely acquiesce to a ban, and second, that I would like it to be specifically the kind of ban where I cannot post but can still log in to use the search function and send & receive private messages.  He is able to do this.  His user name is Kaesekopf.  Peace be upon him.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 12, 2020, 06:42:51 PM
I'm asking for a direct link to a mid post in that thread that you think covers what I said.

If you're actually looking for something, don't expect others to do the looking for you.

Learn to be independent and self-reliant. It's one of the good things about adulthood.

Kreuzritter

This thread scream zoomer with a 10-second attention span.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on February 12, 2020, 07:01:15 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 12, 2020, 06:42:51 PM

If you're actually looking for something, don't expect others to do the looking for you.

Learn to be independent and self-reliant. It's one of the good things about adulthood.

I wasn't looking for anything. You mentioned something existed, so since you knew, I asked for particulars. Seems you have a only a vague remembrance. We are social beings; nothing wrong with my initial request. I will always do the same thing if someone seems to know something that I don't.

christulsa

When I was a little boy around 5, my first neighborhood friend lived right across the street.  We learned how to drive our Big Wheels around and catch frogs in puddles of rain water.  We discovered this big drainage pipe in the back corner of a neighbor's yard, and for years would on occasion make believe there was a Troll living in it.  My imagination about it was vivid.  It was covered in warts, grey, always with this angry look on its face.  What fun we had playing like we were chasing the Troll back into his hole.  Good times.

It is kinda fun.  ;) 

GBoldwater

Quote from: christulsa on February 13, 2020, 02:08:07 PM
When I was a little boy around 5, my first neighborhood friend lived right across the street.  We learned how to drive our Big Wheels around and catch frogs in puddles of rain water.  We discovered this big drainage pipe in the back corner of a neighbor's yard, and for years would on occasion make believe there was a Troll living in it.  My imagination about it was vivid.  It was covered in warts, grey, always with this angry look on its face.  What fun we had playing like we were chasing the Troll back into his hole.  Good times.

It is kinda fun.  ;)

Sounds like you've reached your second childhood.