14 years ago...

Started by erin is nice, April 07, 2015, 08:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erin is nice

Fourteen years ago — on an unseasonably warm sunny day — I was married in the traditional rite. I don't feel old enough to be celebrating my 14th anniversary  :lol:

dymphna17

Wait until you are coming up on your 34th!  Pope Francis wants to know what time you can come in for your annulment.   :lol:  Congratulations!!  Here's to many many more!  :beer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Congrats!  I hope it's a special day for y'all.  My husband and I aren't too far behind you....12 years in August.

erin is nice

I want to get my wedding dress out of the garage and put it on  :lol:

MundaCorMeum

Hahaha.  I tried that for our 10 year, I think it was......good thing I didn't have high hopes  ;).  I should've tried it on the year our whole family caught the stomach virus.  You want a super quick, crash diet that works??  Get the stomach flu!

Lynne

Quote from: erin is nice on April 07, 2015, 09:51:04 AM
I want to get my wedding dress out of the garage and put it on  :lol:

I bet you still fit into it!

Congratulations on the anniversary.  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Congrats!  That is awesome! 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

congratulations! hope there are many more
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

ResRev

"You shall seek me, and shall find me: when you shall seek me with all your heart." Jeremias 29:13

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Rose

To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Elliott

Congratulations, I always feel encouraged to hear about marriages that are lasting. It's great you were able to have a traditional wedding.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Heinrich on April 07, 2015, 04:56:32 PM
Did you wear pants?
the $1000 question

i don't think we've ever had a bridal pants thread before
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross