Fr. Cekada

Started by ImperialGuardsman, June 16, 2013, 10:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Irenaeus G. Saintonge on June 17, 2013, 10:25:30 PM
He is the one and only public sedevacantist whom I regularly heard praised by sedeplenist traditionalists. There must be something cool about him.

As others have said, he is funny.  He is also intelligent, knowledgeable and articulate, so he is interesting to listen to.  It helps too  that he is courteous and pleasant.

Good manners always make a good impression on me, no matter how much I may disagree with a person's position.  INPEFESS and Bonaventure are examples of people like this who already are members here.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

trentcath

Hmpfff I must be the only one who's not a fan lol

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: trentcath on June 18, 2013, 10:33:00 AM

Why aren't you?  Is it a matter of his beliefs or his personality?  Or, perhaps, both?
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

trentcath

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on June 18, 2013, 10:37:32 AM

Why aren't you?  Is it a matter of his beliefs or his personality?  Or, perhaps, both?

Both, I can't say the person people have described here is anything like the one I encountered on FE.

Jayne

Even you must admit that the scholarship of Work of Human Hands is impressive.  I do not see how anyone could deny that.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Older Salt

Quote from: RealJayneK on June 18, 2013, 10:48:14 AM

Even you must admit that the scholarship of Work of Human Hands is impressive.  I do not see how anyone could deny that.
Amazing work.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

trentcath

Quote from: Older Salt on June 18, 2013, 11:44:32 AM
Quote from: RealJayneK on June 18, 2013, 10:48:14 AM

Amazing work.

I haven't read it but I disagreed strongly with the criticisms of the 62 mass which may or may be related to the book so I wasn't too happy.

ImperialGuardsman

Quote from: Bonaventure on June 17, 2013, 12:57:12 AM
frcekada AT sgg DOT org

He responds to email.

Thanks, I just sent him one.  I hope he decides to join.  Is he on any other Catholic forum, like CathInfo or was he just of FE?
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

LouisIX

I thought I remember him being on Bellarmine Forum.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Charlemagne

The thing I really like about Fr. Cekada is that he'll take time to respond to nearly anyone who writes to him. He's not a phony in any way.
O Lord, grant to me the grace that, when I meet my end, it may be as I leave the Confessional.

"They [heretics] want to be treated with oil, soap and caresses. But they should be beaten with fists. In a duel, you don't count or measure the blows, you strike as you can." -- Pope St. Pius X

SouthpawLink

I am deeply indebted to Fr. Cekada for the many scholarly and well-written articles he has authored over the years; he would make for an outstanding and invaluable addition to this forum.
"Is there no exception to the rule forbidding the administration of the Sacraments to baptized non-Catholics who are in good faith? In the case of those who are in good health, the prohibition is absolute; no dispute on this point is possible in view of the repeated explicit declarations of the Holy Office" (Rev. S. Woywod, A Practical Commentary on the Code of Canon Law, vol. I, sec. 625, p. 322ff.).

Contrast the above with the 1983 CIC, Can. 844 §3 & 4: "Catholic ministers administer the sacraments of penance, Eucharist, and anointing of the sick licitly to members of Eastern Churches which do not have full communion with the Catholic Church. . . .  If the danger of death is present or if, in the judgment of the diocesan bishop or conference of bishops, some other grave necessity urges it, Catholic ministers administer these same sacraments licitly also to other Christians not having full communion with the Catholic Church." — The phrase "properly disposed" does not save the canon from error, because the context shows that no conversion is expected on the part of non-Catholics ("manifest Catholic faith in respect to these sacraments" is the sole requirement).

totiusque

I just e-mailed Fr. Cekada about a question I had, and he responded within a couple days with a very thoughtful and detailed answer.  He is very cordial, and though I disagree with him regarding the SV position, I enjoy reading his material and listening to him.

FYI - I also invited him to SD, to which he gave no response, but you never know. 
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Older Salt

Quote from: LouisIX on June 19, 2013, 12:12:05 AM
I thought I remember him being on Bellarmine Forum.
Quite true.

He sent me some photos once of my uncles Ordination, when I asked him about it.

Quite a stand up man.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Mysterium Fidei

Quote from: Othmar on June 17, 2013, 03:48:18 PM
I'm not familiar with Fr. Cekada, but SGG utilises the pre-Bugnini rite, right? If so, I think he can be a very interesting part of our community.  :)

Yes, both Bishop Dolan and Bishop Sanborn use the pre-Annibale Bugnini infected Missal. Fr Cekada used to post quite a bit over at Ignis Ardens but I don't know if he is still active there or not. His book, "Work of Human Hands" is excellent and highly recommended. Father has a very sharp wit and a great sense of humor. I have listened to many of his sermons and the shows on True Restoration; "Clerical Conversations" with Bishop Sanborn. They are informative and entertaining!

OmniaInstaurareInChristo

Although I do not support the sedevacantist position,  there are things I like about Fr. Cekada.  If he has the time, I hope he joins us here.