Hi!

Started by Jacafamala, May 23, 2013, 04:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gottmitunsalex

Welcome Jacamafala! Glad you're here.
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Eliza

Jaca!! Oh yay! I don't know if you remember me from FE, but I was jen51 over there. I'm glad to see you here!

tmw89

Welcome to SD, Jacafamala!  Hope you enjoy your time here.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Penelope

Jaca!!! Please promote your veils here, pretty, pretty please. Everyone, Jaca makes excellent, beautiful, handmade chapel veils. You should all buy some from her.

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Penelope on May 23, 2013, 08:41:25 PM
Jaca!!! Please promote your veils here, pretty, pretty please. Everyone, Jaca makes excellent, beautiful, handmade chapel veils. You should all buy some from her.

Yes, she does.  Mrs. Mith has one.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Heinrich

Hi. I remember you.

When I posted in the Abwasserkanal, I went by the name of Heinrich.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Fluffy

Hello Jacafamala  :pigeons:

Hawaii Five-0

Aloha Jacafamala!  What took you so long?
Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer. - Padre Pio

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Penelope on May 23, 2013, 08:41:25 PM

We totally have a subforum for that.  She should ch-ch-check it out.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LouisIX

Hey, Jaca!  You'll find a lot of folks from FE here.  Really great to have you.

:toth:
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Lynne

Welcome aboard! It's so nice to have another familiar face. (I was catquilt over at FE too).
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

verenaerin

Hey Jaca, good to see ya.

Cesar_Augustus

peanut

I remember you! Hullo! :)
Latest article: Corporate assessment centres - deranged products of mercantile delusion: http://bit.ly/16Nq0Tf

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."