Free: Diary of Anne Frank critical edition

Started by Bernadette, August 07, 2022, 06:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Damage as shown. Just pay shipping. https://imgur.com/a/Iete2Qg This edition was until recently the only complete edition of Anne Frank's writings published, including all three diary editions. It also contains the study of Anne's handwriting and the materials used in the diary to determine authenticity.
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

You do know that this story has a lot working against its veracity, right?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

Quote from: Heinrich on August 07, 2022, 10:37:01 AM
No? It was authenticated based on the study of her handwriting and the materials used.
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Quote from: Bernadette on August 07, 2022, 12:42:34 PM
No? It was authenticated based on the study of her handwriting and the materials used.

Handwriting analysis also debunked it. Along with ink: ballpoint pen ink. Problem is is that these types of pens didn't exist until 1951.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

Quote from: Heinrich on August 07, 2022, 01:35:47 PM

Handwriting analysis also debunked it. Along with ink: ballpoint pen ink. Problem is is that these types of pens didn't exist until 1951.
Not in the book I read. ;) Seriously though we'll have to agree to disagree on this.
My Lord and my God.

TradGranny

Quote from: Bernadette on August 07, 2022, 01:56:34 PM

Not in the book I read. ;) Seriously though we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

One option is to agree to disagree on this or any other issue.
Another option on this or any other issue is to look deeper into the topic to find out if we may have been deceived.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Bernadette

I don't believe that the diary is a forgery, so I see no reason to "look deeper into the issue."
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Who published this book? The ADL?

Bernadette

Quote from: Heinrich on August 07, 2022, 04:01:25 PM

Who published this book? The ADL?
The Netherlands State Institute for War Documentation.
My Lord and my God.