Gift ideas for children of various ages

Started by ABlaine, March 13, 2017, 12:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABlaine

Hello all,

So I need gift ideas for two girls; one is two and the other is five. It's supposed to be something of a surprise as they are in a kind of a bad situation right now and I want to cheer them up. Long story short, they're my best friend's nieces and the elder one is fairly badly developmentally disabled. The mother couldn't handle it and left my friend's brother with the girls and moved back to the other side of the country. So he's had to put his life on hold to help his brother pay his rent and raise his kids. He's kind of a hero. I'm sending him a giant bottle of scotch because that's exactly what the poor schmuck needs since there is really no end in sight for their situation.

But I want to send something for the children, too, as I imagine that the whole thing is confusing and stressful for them. For the youngest I'm probably going to buy something like this: http://bit.ly/2mCcxfA from a store near my house. My sisters kept their 'doudous' long pas that age, so I guess that one is pretty safe.

I have no idea for the older one. Being five and a girl I imagine that she has fallen for the media bit about Paris actually being a nice place, so idk I could buy something paris-y.

I need suggestions. I'm bad at buying people non-alcoholic gifts.

Bernadette

Yes, snuggly animals are a good idea.  :) But I'm biased, so keep that in mind.  :pray3:

Good man, ABlaine.  :thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

How much are you looking to spend?

This company makes bright, unusual stacking sets/puzzles/block sets that might be a good fit, even for the older one. :) I wish I had kids, so that I'd have a good reason to enjoy playing with some of these beauties!  ;D I, um...I like things that "nest."  :tinfoil:

https://www.amazon.com/Grimms-Spiel-and-Holz-Design/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_9310629011?ie=UTF8&node=9310629011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Grimm%27s+Spiel+and+Holz+Design
My Lord and my God.