Interesting hobbies of children

Started by Obrien, January 10, 2022, 12:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obrien

My children can be somewhat quirky.  ;) I am sure it has to do with being homeschooled and not having alot of money.  :cheeseheadbeer:

They find interesting ways to keep each other entertained. The latest- playing spoons!
So now, I go to bed and dream of metal clanking and wake up to not being able to find a spoon to stir my coffee.

How about your family? What interesting hobbies do your children have that aren't considered the "norm"?

red solo cup

My oldest collects animal bones. For Christmas I presented her with a deer skull I found in the woods.  My youngest collects cleaning products.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: red solo cup on January 10, 2022, 04:14:00 AM
My youngest collects cleaning products.

Now this I love, a kid after my own heart.

Chestertonian

My older son used to claim that he's the only middle school boy in Brooklyn who is into fishing, which is quite sad.  I think he is just bummed that his friend who used to go fishing with him moved away.  He joined a merit badge group with boy scouts and got to go a few times with kids his age.

Younger son wanted a recorder for Christmas so Santa brought him a recorder and he also gave me and my older son noise cancelling headphones
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

TraddingtonBear

My 5-year-old daughter, since she was 3, has been obsessed with the tuba. And very much laments that I cannot buy her one.

She can also distinguish between a sousaphone, a concert tuba, and a baritone. She's really something.  ;D

red solo cup

Quote from: TraddingtonBear on April 25, 2022, 09:04:33 PM
My 5-year-old daughter, since she was 3, has been obsessed with the tuba. And very much laments that I cannot buy her one.

She can also distinguish between a sousaphone, a concert tuba, and a baritone. She's really something.  ;D
When I was in High School, I played a Miraphone in concert and a sousaphone in Marching Band.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

TraddingtonBear

Quote from: red solo cup on April 26, 2022, 04:05:39 AM
Quote from: TraddingtonBear on April 25, 2022, 09:04:33 PM

When I was in High School, I played a Miraphone in concert and a sousaphone in Marching Band.
That's awesome! I played the flute & piccolo...she's not impressed.