Ninth Year

Started by TerrorDæmonum, January 01, 2022, 04:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

I joined this forum on this day in 2013.

Date Registered:
    January 01, 2013
Local Time:
    January 01, 2022

Some things have changed, and some things haven't.

I don't really observe New Years as a secular holiday, except for the whole calendar switching thing and trying to write the date correctly (already wrote 2021-01-01).

But I'll observe the anniversary of joining the forum on the forum.

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

TerrorDæmonum

Thanks everyone.

Maybe I'll be around for another anniversary too for once.

andy

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 01, 2022, 04:57:55 PM

I don't really observe New Years as a secular holiday, except for the whole calendar switching thing and trying to write the date correctly (already wrote 2021-01-01).

It is still worthwhile to mention that Jan 1st is "The Octave Day of the Nativity", Holy Day of Obligation.

Melkor

Congrats. That's cool.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Melkor on January 01, 2022, 10:14:25 PM
Congrats. That's cool.

It is highly significant too.

(Actually, I just remembered it when looking at my profile and seeing the dates lined up.)

Maybe in another nine years I'll have another anniversary if I make it that long...or this forum still exists...or the world still exists.

TerrorDæmonum

This year started off well: I accomplished a little organizational task at home that needed to be done for a long time, but I did it yesterday. This year started off better than last one.

TerrorDæmonum

Even I've been able to stay active for over a month on a forum.

My account is on its ninth year, but I haven't been active for nine years.

It is interesting to come and go and see how things have changed or how things have stayed the same.

One observation is that many people don't seem to be used to forum use and get fixated on visible posters to a very strange degree. Any member can post. That is what forums are for. There is nothing special about any particular poster.

People may choose to post a lot or not at all or inconsistently. That is a choice any forum member can make.