Next Scorsese flick is about Jesuit missionaries

Started by tmw89, April 21, 2013, 04:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alphonsus Jr.

Quote from: Heinrich on April 22, 2013, 05:35:39 PM
Quote from: Alphonsus Jr. on April 21, 2013, 09:04:01 PM
How very odd that any Catholic would want to contribute to the bank account of one who made the blasphemous The Last Temptation of Christ. Alas, such is today's diabolical disorientation.

Relax, champ. I wasn't being serious.

Nor was I, chief.
Age, thou art shamed.*
O shame, where is thy blush?**

-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar,* Hamlet**

Heinrich

Quote from: Alphonsus Jr. on April 22, 2013, 07:23:15 PM
How very odd that any Catholic would want to contribute to the bank account of one who made the blasphemous The Last Temptation of Christ. Alas, such is today's diabolical disorientation.

Nor was I, chief.

Right. You relaxed tone shines through and through. Nice save.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Alphonsus Jr.

Quote from: Heinrich on April 22, 2013, 08:21:12 PM
Quote from: Alphonsus Jr. on April 22, 2013, 07:23:15 PM

Nor was I, chief.

Right. You relaxed tone shines through and through. Nice save.

I just felt like calling you "chief."
Age, thou art shamed.*
O shame, where is thy blush?**

-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar,* Hamlet**

Heinrich

Well, I am part Cherokee. Like 1/64th or something. Thanks.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LouisIX

So is DDL still going to be in it?  Man, I hope so.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Heinrich on April 21, 2013, 09:00:00 PM
Quote from: MilesChristi on April 21, 2013, 08:44:26 PM
as a Japanese?

Sure. Why not. They put people of sub Saharan African descent in Nordic mythology movies.

They filmed Omar Sharif as a German major in "Night of the Generals". Anything can happen.
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on April 24, 2013, 11:15:27 PM
as a Japanese?

Sure. Why not. They put people of sub Saharan African descent in Nordic mythology movies.

They filmed Omar Sharif as a German major in "Night of the Generals". Anything can happen.

And they filmed Alec Guiness as an Arabian Sheik! As you say, anything can happen.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Heinrich

Sammy Davis Jr. as a priest has to be the most obnoxious.

LouisIX

Quote from: Heinrich on April 25, 2013, 05:00:04 PM

I read that he was a Satanist for a time.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Heinrich

Quote from: LouisIX on April 25, 2013, 06:30:35 PM

Isn't just about everyone in HWood?

MilesChristi

no like card carrying satanist. all that and a cherry on top
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: MilesChristi on April 25, 2013, 10:28:11 PM
no like card carrying satanist. all that and a cherry on top
That's correct, he "converted" to "judaism". judaism=satanic
That's a big cherry on top
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Archer

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on April 24, 2013, 11:15:27 PM
as a Japanese?

Or Tom Cruise as Colonel Von Stauffenberg in Valkyrie.  :doh:
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Der Kaiser

He did convert to Judaism.  Also he did hang out with Anton Levay head of the Church of Satan in the late 60's. Who Fr. Crappy (Corapi) decided to disguise himself as when he went crazy a couple of years back. Seriously they look like twins!
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

LouisIX

Quote from: Der Kaiser on April 26, 2013, 02:59:35 PM

He did convert to Judaism.  Also he did hang out with Anton Levay head of the Church of Satan in the late 60's. Who Fr. Crappy (Corapi) decided to disguise himself as when he went crazy a couple of years back. Seriously they look like twins!

I wonder what has happened to him.  A terribly scandalous affair.