Religous Freedom

Started by poche, January 16, 2013, 12:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poche

Religous freedom is a right but not an absolute right, Europe's top court said Tuesday. It ruled that British Airways discriminated against a devout Christian employee when it made her remove her crucifix. However it backed a UK charity for firing a counselor who refused to give sex therapy to a gay couple.
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: 

http://news.yahoo.com/court-ba-discriminated-against-christian-staffer-094051205.html

Bonaventure

In 1953, Pope Pius XII said "That which does not correspond to truth or to the norm of morality has objectively no right to exist, to be spread or to be activated."
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 16, 2013, 01:17:00 AM
In 1953, Pope Pius XII said "That which does not correspond to truth or to the norm of morality has objectively no right to exist, to be spread or to be activated."
I like it!
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

poche

I agree, but how does that apply in our daily lives?

INPEFESS

Quote from: poche on January 16, 2013, 03:26:52 AM

It means that error may be only be tolerated in view of a greater good,  but that the error has no right to exist, whether it be in the mind, the private belief, or the external expression of either of the foregoing,  or whether it be found in a religion, a political ideology, or an individual person. It can and ought to be met with temporal punishment in this life, but may be tolerated if a greater good will be brought about therefrom.
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: INPEFESS on January 16, 2013, 01:07:37 PM
Quote from: poche on January 16, 2013, 03:26:52 AM

It means that error may be only be tolerated in view of a greater good,  but that the error has no right to exist, whether it be in the mind, the private belief, or the external expression of either of the foregoing,  or whether it be found in a religion, a political ideology, or an individual person. It can and ought to be met with temporal punishment in this life, but may be tolerated if a greater good will be brought about therefrom.
Well said.

The significance of tolerance has been changed for acceptance. In fact, the word is hardly used anymore. Even by the Church.

Where before priests used to say (speaking about FALSE RELIGIONS): "We can tolerate the jews, buddhists, protestants, jehova's witnesses, but we must never accept their false religions."

The above Catholic statement is a slap in the face to Vatican II.

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin