Members You Wish Would Come Back

Started by Bonaventure, August 15, 2023, 11:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Gardener needs to start posting again - he was always so level-headed and logical.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

Bonaventure

LausTibiChriste

LausTibiChriste

Iolanthe and her sister (forgot her username)

LausTibiChriste

I want dellery back too - went toe-to-toe with him sometimes but as time went on I realized he was a lot more sincere than I gave him credit for.

Also Arun, but he's probably lost in a rugby scrum that has lasted near a decade.

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 16, 2023, 01:38:28 PMI want dellery back too - went toe-to-toe with him sometimes but as time went on I realized he was a lot more sincere than I gave him credit for.

Also Arun, but he's probably lost in a rugby scrum that has lasted near a decade.

I liked dellery quite a bit. He had his problems as we all do, but he was a real one.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Mushroom

truly-a-philosofan

Quaremerepulisti

Granted i joined here just a year after his last post. But i have been a lurker for a long time
Christ as the Source of all beauty:
« What surprised him (Blessed Henry Suso) most was to see Eternal Wisdom now under the aspect of a young maiden, the prodigy of heavenly and earthly beauty; now under the form of a young man whose countenance reflected all the beauties to be found on earth. »
St. Louis de Monfort, The Love of Eternal Wisdom, Chapter 11, no. 132.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dellery

Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Bonaventure

Baylee

I don't think he technically left, but I wish Goldfinch would start posting more regularly again.

dellery

I posted some bitchy screed about hating Trads, nothing important or to regret missing. That Atlantic article kind of screwed me. Nonetheless, it's probably emotional and mental weakness, but I still have a special affection for SD and those that post here as well as all Traditional Catholics. I really wish the Traditionalist Catholic movement would get its head out of its own ass and synchronize its actions/behavior with its sincerely held beliefs.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.