Hello

Started by Jean Carrier, December 23, 2022, 01:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean Carrier

Howdy y'all.

What brings you to SD?

Wanted to talk to other Traditionalists, and gain access to the sedevacantist subforum.

Why did you choose your username and avatar?

It's my name. Avatar is a depiction of the Great Western Schism, which I picked because I liked it.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning?

Married

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!)

AL

Personality type?

Melancholic

Favorite books?

The Roman Catechism

Favorite movies?

A Man for All Seasons

Favorite TV shows?

Attack on Titan

Favorite sports/teams

Don't really care about it.

Have any hobbies?

Chasing around a toddler, reading, and playing Crusader Kings II (in that order).

Pet peeves:

My sinful wretched self, which is so prone to stumbling.

Fun random fact about yourself:

I like to use ranch as a general condiment with a large variety of foods.
All mankind was in the ark with Noah : all the Church is with me on the rock of Pensicola!
- Pope St. Benedict XIII, in response to the emissaries of Anti-Emperor Sigismund and the Conciliarist Council of Constance who demanded his resignation

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here; great bunch of people you can argue with and get mad at.  :laugh:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

GMC

Welcome!  :toth:

What is "AL"? Alaska? Alabama?

Jean Carrier

Quote from: GMC on December 23, 2022, 03:57:08 PM

The Heart of Dixie  :toth:
All mankind was in the ark with Noah : all the Church is with me on the rock of Pensicola!
- Pope St. Benedict XIII, in response to the emissaries of Anti-Emperor Sigismund and the Conciliarist Council of Constance who demanded his resignation

Heinrich

Quote from: Robert on December 23, 2022, 04:00:20 PM

Sweet Rebel Catholic. Mmm.... . Welcome. The GMC is from ESpain, Colonel.

So, you a hang clean, power clean or deadlift type?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jean Carrier

drummerboy

Quote from: Robert on December 23, 2022, 04:00:20 PM

I'm surprised you use ranch dressing on everything, I thought that was a Midwest peeve.  I prefer mayo on everything, which would make me appear Canadian, but I'm close enough to the border so it'll pass
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

AlfredtheGreat

Quote from: Michael Wilson on December 26, 2022, 01:48:44 PM

This is why we need a down thumb button....

Sorry, Michael  ;)
These people are crazy

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

AlfredtheGreat

These people are crazy