A Meditation in Silk & Gold: Online Presentation

Started by Lynne, April 28, 2022, 04:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

From Mary Corbett, founder of the Needle N'Thread website...

If you've been hanging about here with me at Needle 'n Thread, you already know that I'm almost giddy with excitement over the fact that two of the panels of the Loreto Embroideries from the Royal School of Needlework are here in the US on exhibit.

They can be found at the Marian Library at the University of Dayton through August 26, as part of their Vision of Art and Faith exhibition, focusing on the works of Italian artist Ezio Annichini.

https://www.needlenthread.com/2022/04/a-meditation-in-silk-gold-online-presentation.html

Along with the exhibit, the Marian Library is also hosting an online presentation on May 12th, at 3:00 PM Eastern Time.

Dr. Susan Kay-Williams of the Royal School of Needlework will be presenting A Meditation in Silk & Gold: Unpacking the Litany of Loreto Embroideries via Zoom, and it is open to all who want to register for it.

I think it's a fantastic opportunity to learn about the Loreto embroideries in detail. I'm hoping that it will delve into the details of the embroideries, talking about materials and composition and so forth. I have high hopes that it will be a grandly informative lecture, and I don't intend to miss it!

If you want to register for it, you can find the registration form online here. It's very simple – just enter your particulars, and you'll get a confirmation in your email with the needful information for attending the presentation online on May 12th.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"