NFTs

Started by MaximGun, November 29, 2021, 03:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximGun

Most of these appear to me to be incomprehensibly stupid.

https://adamfard.com/blog/nfts-21-examples

Are there any forecasts or prophecies of the whole world going nuts?

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: MaximGun on November 29, 2021, 03:36:17 AM
Most of these appear to me to be incomprehensibly stupid.

https://adamfard.com/blog/nfts-21-examples

Are there any forecasts or prophecies of the whole world going nuts?

They are stupid - millions of dollars for a picture of a monkey that looks like it was made by a guy on more drugs than Keith Richards.

BuT iT's VeRiFiEd On ThE bLoCk ChAiN

Who gives a rat's ass, it's digital!

I'm convinced most of it is set up for money laundering - would be easy to buy and sell NFTs to + from yourself and your company and if said company is set up in a pro-crypto location, no taxes baby.

I read somewhere that the images aren't even verified on the blockchain to begin with, if you really look at it. So that throws its entire use case out the window.

One thing I will say though, and it's a point Kevin O'Leary made:

Let's say it was verified on the blockchain
And let's say the blockchain could not be spoofed at all.
Then NFTs would be great for physical assets. Proving ownership, chain of custody etc.
Proving the chain of ownership of a car, or proving the authenticity of a Rolex and what not - there could be a good use case for that, instead of paper documents which could easily be forged.

Don't even get me started on this whole metaverse, digital real estate nonsense. Some "plot of land" in Decentraland just sold for $2.4million.

$2.4million!! For land that isn't even real. I could buy half the country I live in for $2.4 million ffs.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Prayerful

The Vatican seem to be getting into it, doing an NFT of a relic. After blowing all that money on overpriced flats in London's gay district, and selling them at a Euro 100 million loss, and presumably begging messages to the German bishops getting ignored (arch-modernist Reinhard Cardinal Marx of Cologne sneered at TC), money is needed. Cocaine and male whores aint free. I suppose for them what works is right. Otherwise the Germans will foreclose on the Vatican and Francis and co. will have to rent a corner of Regina Coeli prison. All of them should be there, so it's fine.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

clau clau

I wonder if there is an NFT of the Abomination of Desolation?  </humour>
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Prayerful

Quote from: clau clau on November 29, 2021, 08:10:58 AM
I wonder if there is an NFT of the Abomination of Desolation?

Didn't Malachi Martin suggest in his faction that a black mass took place in the Vatican around the time of V2? They could surely do an NFT of the evil stuff involved. Using holy relics would be insincere for them.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: Prayerful on November 29, 2021, 04:20:06 PM
Quote from: clau clau on November 29, 2021, 08:10:58 AM
I wonder if there is an NFT of the Abomination of Desolation?

Didn't Malachi Martin suggest in his faction that a black mass took place in the Vatican around the time of V2? They could surely do an NFT of the evil stuff involved. Using holy relics would be insincere for them.

Interest in the occult by high ranking Vaticanistas has been going on for a very long time.  It reached its high-water mark during the Renaissance.

I find it quite humorous that most "trads" cite the fact that the Church existed for 1900 years before V2.  They criticize V2 as the sole reason for the Church's pathetic state, yet they really don't know squat about Church History. Except for the fact that the Tridentine Rite has been around for 1700 years.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

james03

My daughter is an artist and I tried to get her into the scam.  She looked into it and thought it was stupid.  I wonder if she would be a millionaire right now if she had gotten into it.

If any of you tech savvy people can set up an NFT account on an art exchange, she'd probably go 50-50 with you on the ill gotten loot.  Note she's a real pointalist artist, which is somewhat unusual.  I posted some of her work, so I'll see if I can post the link.  I'm serious, this might make some bucks.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: james03 on November 29, 2021, 09:47:50 PM
My daughter is an artist and I tried to get her into the scam.  She looked into it and thought it was stupid.  I wonder if she would be a millionaire right now if she had gotten into it.

If any of you tech savvy people can set up an NFT account on an art exchange, she'd probably go 50-50 with you on the ill gotten loot.  Note she's a real pointalist artist, which is somewhat unusual.  I posted some of her work, so I'll see if I can post the link.  I'm serious, this might make some bucks.
I'm in

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

james03

All right.  I'm heading up to see her in Chicago next week for an alcohol fueled gluttony binge on Italian food.  After I sober up, I'll talk to her about it.  I'll PM you if I get her to bite.  About 2 weeks out.  Meanwhile do some research on the tech side.  Can you scan a hand sketch to a PNG and submit that or does it have to be done on a tablet?  She has a tablet, so she could do that too.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: james03 on November 29, 2021, 09:52:28 PM
https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25426.msg530726#msg530726

You have to be logged in to see the files.
That's beautiful art (be sure to tell her that). Most NFTs are crap that Xavier's countrymen make in 10 minutes on MSPaint in the hopes of being able to afford some curry for lunch (or hit the jackpot and make it big). She should get in on it because it's a way for her to cash in without selling the originals, which I'm sure she wants to display, gift, or store.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: james03 on November 29, 2021, 10:59:30 PM
All right.  I'm heading up to see her in Chicago next week for an alcohol fueled gluttony binge on Italian food.  After I sober up, I'll talk to her about it.  I'll PM you if I get her to bite.  About 2 weeks out.  Meanwhile do some research on the tech side.  Can you scan a hand sketch to a PNG and submit that or does it have to be done on a tablet?  She has a tablet, so she could do that too.

Cool. PM'd you.

- MaximGun

james03

We have to give a public follow along for the fans of Suscipe.

When you set up your NFT account, use the name "Christoff" or maybe "Cristov".  I'll work with my daughter on the write-ups.  For that, I'll need your pronouns.  How about Xe/Xis? 

I think the Pointalism angle gives this an edge.  $100K for the recommended bid.

Later.

james03

Don't know if Laus is monitoring.  I have obtained "English Badger" for operation evil and will email to him.  I need him to PM his email address to me.

Tennessean

For the past however many thousands of years, mankind allowed complete scumbags to plunder their nations by moving gold around.