how are ye all handling family that are vaxxed?

Started by diaduit, August 22, 2021, 05:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christe Eleison

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 27, 2021, 12:03:43 PM
I don't know if there's enough people to support the cathedral (diocesan TLM), SSPX and sedes. Catholics are already a tiny majority there. I was there for Easter 3 years ago, and just to give you an idea - the TLM crowd had their own vigil fire..and across the parking lot the NOers had their own vigil fire....so I was part of a minority within a minority. Weird but also based lol.

TLM will never become mainstream in Russia though, and rightfully so. Any Trad who thinks when Russia converts that it's gonna be like France circa 14c is going to be in for a rude awakening.

Dear LAUS, :seeya:

Thanks for your prompt & kind reply :thumbsup: I appreciate it.

I remember reading about an American Orthodox Priest that left the US, with his large
family, maybe 8 or 9 children.
He moved to Russia, because he said that morals, values, and culture in general, in the US was on the decline. And that he could not subject his children to that.
The sad thing is that, this article was published several years ago.
And the US is much worse now.  :-[   

Christe Eleison

Quote from: MaximGun on September 28, 2021, 12:20:45 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 27, 2021, 08:41:41 AM
Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 27, 2021, 08:20:25 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 27, 2021, 06:17:59 AM
Their Sputnik V still uses the HEK line, so for that alone, I'm out.

But of all of them, it's the one I would trust the most :thumbsup:. Try explaining that to some Westerner tho lol (while they're having a clot-induced heart attack from their AZ vaxx).

Russia certainly is the place to be, which is why I'm moving there in a month or so :cheeseheadbeer: 8)

Thanks, LAUS!  :thumbsup:

I agree, if it were not for the HEK line that you mentioned above, Sputnik V is  the only one I would trust as well.
I think that there is a French one, that of course will probably never be allowed in the US, by SANOFI Pharmaceutical (I think they used chicken eggs, not sure about the entire thing).
Well, congratulations on your move to Russia! :beer: That sounds exciting! :cheer: I am glad for you & your family. I am jealous, in a good way ;)

President Putin mentioned recently, that he wanted to become the number 1 producer & exporter of NON GMO organic foods to the world.
So, you know that you will have access to healthy organic veggies, fruits, grains,
berries, wheat, etc! :thumbsup:
Not stuff full of Glyphosate/Roundup/Monsanto poison & carcinogens!  :-[

What about access to the TLM there?   What is available & where?

When I was watching the 2018 World Cup, the scenery being shown was
gorgeous!  :cheeseheadbeer:

God Bless you & yours! :pray1:

Thanks CE!

Yes food is much fresher there, I've found. If you know where to look anyways. My MIL's borscht cooked entirely with veggies she grew herself if something else.

There are TLMs there, thankfully - one at the Cathedral though it's a bit in limbo because the priest is old and the bishop is a modernist #shock

But SSPX has weekly Mass in Moscow.

There are TLMs in Saint Petersburg too.

Sedes have a few Masses around Russia too - there's a CMRI chapel in Moscow IIRC

And if you know where to look, there are even a few Uniate Liturgies

I heard that the Resistance has a mass in Moscow.

Dear MG,
Thank you for the tip, I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Do you happen to know which place is more conservative, Moscow or Saint Petersburg?
Is there a predominantly conservative type place in Russia? Where the TLM is nearby.

God Bless you!
:pray1:

MaximGun

I would make an educated guess from the videos I have watched about Russia that Moscow is the most liberal because the people there are richer and more exposed to western European errors and temptations.  St. Petersburg would be a little more conservative than Moscow I think.

Smaller towns and cities like Omsk, Vladimir, Smolensk, Ufa would be the most conservative of all.

I know a Scottish oil/energy/mining analyst I have worked with in the past who was a complete drunkard and he has lived in Russia for 30 years.  I meet him sometimes in Dorchester or London at conferences and such and speak regularly via the internet.  He married a conservative Russian woman, moved to Ufa, and converted to Orthodoxy Christianity.  Totally changed character.  Before I had nothing in common with him.  Now I have plenty in common.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: MaximGun on September 29, 2021, 02:27:21 AM
I would make an educated guess from the videos I have watched about Russia that Moscow is the most liberal because the people there are richer and more exposed to western European errors and temptations.  St. Petersburg would be a little more conservative than Moscow I think.

Smaller towns and cities like Omsk, Vladimir, Smolensk, Ufa would be the most conservative of all.

I know a Scottish oil/energy/mining analyst I have worked with in the past who was a complete drunkard and he has lived in Russia for 30 years.  I meet him sometimes in Dorchester or London at conferences and such and speak regularly via the internet.  He married a conservative Russian woman, moved to Ufa, and converted to Orthodoxy Christianity.  Totally changed character.  Before I had nothing in common with him.  Now I have plenty in common.

In my limited experience, I would say St Petersburg is more conservative as well. Moscow has all the trappings of a big city. With that said, it's still Russia so you're never gonna see poofs making out in the streets, or nonsense like that, that's for sure.

I've been to Yekaterinburg too, lovely town and definitely felt more conservative than Moscow, but it was hard to tell as I was only there 3 days for a conference.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Christe Eleison

Thanks for the information, MaximG! :thumbsup:

I read somewhere that Russia has the most Billionaires than any other city in the world, not sure what their ranking is now! I am sure that has an effect on the city, when it comes to temptations, attachments, morals, etc.

I know that when I have watched the Bolshoi ballet or any other type of performance televised from Russia, the place is packed! And that is expensive to attend (at least in the US it is, not sure about Russia).

It is nice to hear about your friends conversion & how he changed his life for the better!! :thumbsup:

I remember watching one of those town meetings with President Putin, and I believe one of the people speaking was from the UK.
And Mr Putin replied, well you came here for business & fell in love with one of our beautiful ladies & with our great country, good for you! ;)   ;D

Christe Eleison

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 29, 2021, 02:43:18 AM

In my limited experience, I would say St Petersburg is more conservative as well. Moscow has all the trappings of a big city. With that said, it's still Russia so you're never gonna see poofs making out in the streets, or nonsense like that, that's for sure.

I've been to Yekaterinburg too, lovely town and definitely felt more conservative than Moscow, but it was hard to tell as I was only there 3 days for a conference.

Thank you, LAUS for this post! :thumbsup:

What I love about Russia, is not having to view all kinds of weird nonsense/poofs/immorality all in your face 24/7.
I think President Putin does not want any of that garbage in the schools, or advertised all over the place. He wants the children protected, kudos to him! :thumbsup: God Bless him!  :pray1:
Yekaterinburg seems really lovely, it had some of the games during the 2018 World Cup, and I think a lot of people were exposed to the place due to that. And supposedly that is where the Royal family, the Romanovs, were executed  :-[

You really have to watch this short video, it is for people wanting to practice & or learn Russian. With subtitles.

At the end there is an adorable little girl that says that she loves her city,
because of the monuments, fountains, they pay well, and of course she spent the day at the Turandot Opera rehearsal. When asked if she was going to attend the Opera,
she said with a lot of certainty, DA.  ;D

This is a super cute small child that enjoys the Opera!!Very cool!
  :thumbsup:

Living in Yekaterinburg | Easy Russian 36

One thing that I noticed is that they speak faster compared to people in Moscow
or St Petersburg.

MaximGun

Assuming those videos were not selected, from a much larger pool, those were some pretty articulate people interviewed compared to the UK or America.

To get that many videos of articulate people expressing their thoughts in the USA you would have to film all day and reject 80 to 90%.