how are ye all handling family that are vaxxed?

Started by diaduit, August 22, 2021, 05:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

As per title.  I am in the lucky position that myself and 3 siblings are all of the one mind and therefore my Dad will remain unvaxxed.  One sibling who is the non trad, highly educated and posh in himself gave me a hard time over not vaccinating Dad.

Just got passed that and this evening, had a blazing row as I asked him flat out is he ok with the medical apartheid and right in front of my kids he told me he had no probs with it and we should get with the programme.  ....he got really uncomfortable and aggressive when I pointed out to him that he was quite happy to sit in our company in a small kitchen knowing we are not vaxxed.  IT went to him storming off after rolling eyes and calling me a conspiracy nut to me screaming at him that we are in 1939 Germany, my and my family are the Jews and he was the German soldier.

I am sick to my stomach that if we are cut off from food supply, I have an almost guarantee that if I asked him to buy us food he would slam the door in my face.

Yes I do offer it up but how to remain calm is another thing.  I am slowly but surely cutting these people from my life.

Elizabeth.2

'These are the times which try a man's soul.'   

A lot of the more poignant details of these deliberate family wrecking programs and meanness remind of of the novel Father Elijah.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

The liberals in our extended family who already don't practice the faith got the jab as soon as they could.  We don't even talk to them about it because minutiae about remote cooperation is nothing compared to the other choices they make.  And I don't think we'd stand a chance if we brought up the sterility/cancer/ADE issues because they're basically glued to their televisions.

The conservative, practicing Catholics in our extended family got vaxxed and kept it secret from us because they were afraid we'd cut them out of our lives.  I just wish I had known in advance so that I could have tried harder to convince them not to.  I really wanted all of our children (current and future) to know them.
this page left intentionally blank

The Curt Jester

My own family is either anti-jab or just doesn't talk about it.  No tension involved so far.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Lynne

Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on August 22, 2021, 05:33:03 PM
'These are the times which try a man's soul.'   

A lot of the more poignant details of these deliberate family wrecking programs and meanness remind of of the novel Father Elijah.

I guess I need to read that again.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

I don't see why this is such a huge issue. If you don't want to get the vaccine, then don't.
My Lord and my God.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Bernadette on August 23, 2021, 09:25:13 AM
I don't see why this is such a huge issue. If you don't want to get the vaccine, then don't.

Every time a Catholic fails to resist, he weakens the perceived sincerity of those Catholics who do resist abortion-tainted treatments.

Bernadette

The Church has said it's fine to get the vaccine. And many Catholics might not even know that there was a connection to abortion.
My Lord and my God.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Bernadette on August 23, 2021, 09:41:14 AM
The Church has said it's fine to get the vaccine. And many Catholics might not even know that there was a connection to abortion.

No, it hasn't.  Some Churchmen have rendered an application of previous teaching* based on a faulty understanding of current medical data**.  They may be correct on the religious logic, but they have been duped by governmental authorities and NGOs into believing that the supposed disease is considerably more serious than it really is.  Anything follows from a contradiction.

* The previous teaching says that remote cooperation may be OK only if the disease is serious and there are no other treatments.  Cardinal Ratzinger gave the example of German measles as a disease that could justify the use of these vaccines.

** Based on current evidence, the disease is not as severe as governmental authorities and NGOs suggest, and there are other treatments.  German measles causes death or severe deformity to the fetus of a woman who contracts it while pregnant.  There is no other treatment for German measles.  This is not the case for COVID.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: The Curt Jester on August 22, 2021, 08:16:56 PM
My own family is either anti-jab or just doesn't talk about it.  No tension involved so far.

This.

There are some very pro-vax cousins on my husband's side, but they aren't people we talk to much anyway.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Jayne

Since there are no moral problems with the vaccine, I have no objections at all to my family getting vaccinated.  I am pleased that they are being responsible. I am also pleased that they are apparently intelligent enough to understand this issue. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Jayne on August 23, 2021, 05:25:36 PM
Since there are no moral problems with the vaccine, I have no objections at all to my family getting vaccinated.  I am pleased that they are being responsible. I am also pleased that they are apparently intelligent enough to understand this issue.

Sarcasm frequently doesn't work without the accompanying tone of voice and facial expressions.

Jayne

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on August 23, 2021, 05:45:24 PM
Quote from: Jayne on August 23, 2021, 05:25:36 PM

Sarcasm frequently doesn't work without the accompanying tone of voice and facial expressions.

Those familiar with my views on this subject know that I was not being sarcastic.

I am vaccinated.  My family is vaccinated.  This is a perfectly moral and reasonable thing for Catholics to do.  Those who are posting as if it is against Catholic teaching to receive a Covid vaccination have misunderstood the issue. 

It is simply wrong to treat this as a matter of faith or something to divide families over.  It is sad to see people here behaving this way. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Jayne on August 23, 2021, 07:34:24 PM
It is simply wrong to treat this as a matter of faith

Every moral decision is a matter of faith.  Your casual dismissal of a complicated moral issue is so uninformed that it's Not Even Wrong.