The Shrine > The Bookstore

Little Book of Purity (Excerpts from Various Sources on the Virtue of Chastity)

<< < (2/3) > >>

andy:
So there is no objective yard stick here? Hmm.

For the sake of argument, let's consider the best case and assume for a second that indeed you can spend vacations on a secluded beach with bunch of married friends. All very mature, good Catholics, etc. What should be dress code there, if any? In other words, what is decent swimming outfit for a catholic (yet super attractive) lady?

Maximilian:

--- Quote from: andy on June 23, 2021, 12:09:23 PM ---So can a catholic enjoy a vacation in Cancún, Florida or on a yacht cruising Caribbeans with mixed sex friends?

--- End quote ---

No.

dellery:
I gave up on trying to avoid the potential for sin with women. It is impossible.

All these treatises written how to avoid temptation with women were written when it was socially unacceptable for them to go about half-naked and pursuit men.
Good advice, but useless today.

What are going to do? Not go out and live your life?

Seriously. As a man you absolutely have to take responsibility for yourself and get custody over your eyes and thoughts.

Women are like no other temptation. A nice gun doesn't come up to you and try to get you to steal it, not does a guy you can't stand come up to you and try to get you to murder him, but women will actively try to make you sin with them.

Nowadays women, and girls, are simply out of control. It's a fact of life. What? Because some Cutie comes up flirting with you means you have no other option than to take her home, or not even leave the house altogether to avoid this? It's a false-dichotomy.

The only person you can control is yourself.

Gain custody of your senses and develop a dislike for the behavior of contemporary females. This is what works for me.

As to the vacation question: maybe I'm a little hard-line here, but it doesn't seem right to go on pleasure seeking vacations whether people are modestly dressed there or not. Riding around drinking on a yacht, or beaching it up in Florida, seems like a waste of time and money.

dellery:

--- Quote from: andy on June 23, 2021, 09:16:11 PM ---So there is no objective yard stick here? Hmm.

For the sake of argument, let's consider the best case and assume for a second that indeed you can spend vacations on a secluded beach with bunch of married friends. All very mature, good Catholics, etc. What should be dress code there, if any? In other words, what is decent swimming outfit for a catholic (yet super attractive) lady?

--- End quote ---

My daughter wears a skirt thing with a t-shirt over her bathing suit when she swims. She's been doing that for years and it's never been a problem for me. YMMV though.

andy:

--- Quote from: Maximilian on June 23, 2021, 09:40:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: andy on June 23, 2021, 12:09:23 PM ---So can a catholic enjoy a vacation in Cancún, Florida or on a yacht cruising Caribbeans with mixed sex friends?

--- End quote ---

No.

--- End quote ---

What about a mission in Africa where all natives run half naked?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version