The Shrine > The Bookstore

Little Book of Purity (Excerpts from Various Sources on the Virtue of Chastity)

<< < (3/3)

Michael Wilson:

--- Quote from: andy on June 23, 2021, 09:16:11 PM ---So there is no objective yard stick here? Hmm.

For the sake of argument, let's consider the best case and assume for a second that indeed you can spend vacations on a secluded beach with bunch of married friends. All very mature, good Catholics, etc. What should be dress code there, if any? In other words, what is decent swimming outfit for a catholic (yet super attractive) lady?

--- End quote ---
Yes, the beach attire should be decent; I went to the beach with my sister's family (7 girls, 2 boys), the women wore shorts and a tee shirt over their bathing suits; and the men (us guys), wore tee shirts over our swim trunks.

Michael Wilson:

--- Quote from: andy on June 23, 2021, 09:48:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Maximilian on June 23, 2021, 09:40:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: andy on June 23, 2021, 12:09:23 PM ---So can a catholic enjoy a vacation in Cancún, Florida or on a yacht cruising Caribbeans with mixed sex friends?

--- End quote ---

No.

--- End quote ---

What about a mission in Africa where all natives run half naked?

--- End quote ---
For the missionaries, its the "necessary" near occasion of sin; the Church asks us to avoid the "unnecessary" near occasions of sin. A doctor has to see female patients; a nurse, take care of male patients; a priest, give spiritual counseling to women etc. etc.

andy:
For me, the absolute minimum is per Gen 3:7 "And the eyes of them both were opened: and when they perceived themselves to be naked, they sewed together fig leaves, and made themselves aprons."

I do use a decent swimming suit, no tshirt though. Sometimes it is better just to hide in the crowd. The nudity or an attire accenting attraction around us is so prevalent nowadays that to be honest, I do not even notice it any more.

Attraction per say is a good thing. Being attracted to attraction outside mariage no so.

Insanis:
I hope the reflections on the writings enabled people to more fully develop their conscience on this matter.

It is too easy to look for excuses and find reasons to go along with others and it is a hazard we all may face sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version