The Parish Hall > The Natural Sciences

God and Psychiatry

(1/2) > >>

red solo cup:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/psychiatry-needs-to-get-right-with-god/

Elizabeth.2:
This is a topic dear to my heart, RedSolo.  I need to find the time to find some videos that blew me away.

Elizabeth.2:
Peter Breggin, M.D. is a psychiatrist with lots of books and compelling Youtube talks about the chemical lobotomies so many people experience on the psyche meds, the intolerable side effects, and he makes a lot of sense.

Non Nobis:
Coincidentally I have an as yet unread book "God and the Unconcscious" by Fr. Victor White, O.P. "Imprimi Potest" 1952, with a forward by C. G. Jung "himself". I have a not very well followed interest in these things.  If only my brain was more capacious and my self-discipline was greater.

A blurb on the back of the book says "The most important contribution of the relations between psychology and religion that has yet been seen" -- Blackfriars

A blurb from google: " As a pioneer in Jungian-Christian dialogue, White held that it is untenable to view the human person other than as an integrated whole."

Of course the psychiatry (and meds) of today is still a further issue...

Prayerful:

--- Quote from: Non Nobis on June 23, 2021, 11:47:20 AM ---Coincidentally I have an as yet unread book "God and the Unconcscious" by Fr. Victor White, O.P. "Imprimi Potest" 1952, with a forward by C. G. Jung "himself". I have a not very well followed interest in these things.  If only my brain was more capacious and my self-discipline was greater.

A blurb on the back of the book says "The most important contribution of the relations between psychology and religion that has yet been seen" -- Blackfriars

A blurb from google: " As a pioneer in Jungian-Christian dialogue, White held that it is untenable to view the human person other than as an integrated whole."

Of course the psychiatry (and meds) of today is still a further issue...

--- End quote ---

Archive.org has the title.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version