Started by diaduit, February 12, 2024, 02:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

This struck me yesterday during the mass at the Gospel,

'whether prophecies shall be made void, or tongues
shall cease, or knowledge shall be destroyed. For we know in part, and we
prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part
shall be done away.'

We can have all the prophecies we like, St Paul speaks here of having part knowledge and even at that, some prophecies made void.

I am sure prophecies are there for a reason but we really do not know if or at all a prophecy will be fulfilled in how it is told.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: diaduit on February 12, 2024, 02:30:53 AMThis struck me yesterday during the mass at the Gospel,

'whether prophecies shall be made void, or tongues
shall cease, or knowledge shall be destroyed. For we know in part, and we
prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part
shall be done away.'

We can have all the prophecies we like, St Paul speaks here of having part knowledge and even at that, some prophecies made void.

I am sure prophecies are there for a reason but we really do not know if or at all a prophecy will be fulfilled in how it is told.

A lot of prophecies are conditional too - how many times has Our Lady started a statement with, "if" - IF the people don't stop X, Y will happen etc...

Plus prayer can change things too. If every Catholic said all 15 decades of the Rosary begging God to have mercy on us, you can be dang sure that the world would look a lot different than it does now.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

Some prophecies were also given that when the events occur, we will understand them as such and know what is occurring, such as Christ's prophecy of the End Times.  It's not always about predicting the future.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on February 12, 2024, 11:42:43 AMSome prophecies were also given that when the events occur, we will understand them as such and know what is occurring, such as Christ's prophecy of the End Times.  It's not always about predicting the future.

never thought of that - great point
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie