This Forum and Mary, Queen of Heaven

Started by Insanis, May 25, 2021, 07:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

Quote from: Insanis on May 28, 2021, 12:03:48 PM
This forum, in practice, has severe issues with devotion to Jesus through Mary.

Any thread about it, even about favourite books, is targeted for harassment from an individual.

Nonsense. 

The only problem in the forum is that there is a denial of reality on the part of the few in the "woke" crowd. 

They simply refuse to believe that it's even possible that a Catholic could distort their Marian devotion to the point of idolatry and or a contradiction of Catholic doctrine or that fallible men could fail at something.

If a person has one issue of conflict with a particular event and brings it to light, the accusation is that person is against all Marian devotion.   It's either stupidity in the extreme or scurrilous adn deliberate lying.

It's no different than saying that because a person wants to stop illegal immigration, they must be against all immigration and it's got to be racist to boot.

So, like the secular "woke" crowd, the little trad "woke" crowd thinks they can dominate and oppress anything they want by misdefining it and attacking people. 

The problem is not with the forum, it's with the little "woke" crowd that is more interested in feelings than reason.

Insanis

Quote from: Gerard on May 29, 2021, 07:50:48 AM
They simply refuse to believe that it's even possible that a Catholic could distort their Marian devotion to the point of idolatry and or a contradiction of Catholic doctrine or that fallible men could fail at something.

Accusing people on this forum of idolatry and heresy (contradiction of Catholic doctrine) like this for their devotion to Mary indicates that you see this is present, right?

If so, can you point it out?

I've never seen such a thing on this forum.

Unless, you are making these accusations of idolatry and heresy to Catholic devotions to Mary in general practice and you are opposing the common devotions of Catholics, then you don't have to point out actual instances.

Gerard

Quote from: Insanis on May 29, 2021, 08:03:40 AM
Quote from: Gerard on May 29, 2021, 07:50:48 AM

Accusing people on this forum of idolatry and heresy (contradiction of Catholic doctrine) like this for their devotion to Mary indicates that you see this is present, right?

I've yet to see you state whether you think it's possible. 

If so, can you point it out?

Would you acknowledge it if I did?

QuoteI've never seen such a thing on this forum.

Hypothetically, would you acknowledge it to yourself even if you did?

QuoteUnless, you are making these accusations of idolatry and heresy to Catholic devotions to Mary in general practice and you are opposing the common devotions of Catholics,
then you don't have to point out actual instances.

Thanks again for determining the rules by which I can write.  I would be lost without you demanding I jump through hoops of your making. 

But I'll fill you in anyway.  This goes back to the title of "Co-Redemptrix" and the numerous and differing understandings of what that means. 

I have one understanding of what "Co-Redemptrix" means and others have differing understandings as well.   

I'm not going to rehash pages and pages of discussion, but needless to say, some go in their understanding to places that others believe are beyond the truth. 

Some hold to the dogma that Christ "alone" saved the World from sin.  Others think Mary has a participation that is hard to reconcile with the concept of Christ "alone."

Some think along with theologians that Mary hung mystically on the Cross with Christ and directly expiated sins by her sacrifice on the Cross with Christ. 

I adhere to a more restrained understanding and along with the dogmatic councils and Fulton Sheen believe Christ alone is the one, Redeemer and Mary's personal sacrifices won grace but did not expiate sins.

Except for the "woke" contingent, it was a robust and even passionate discussion and then you showed up, half-informed at best and ill prepared to debate and you blew up the whole forum with your agenda. 

Now, you are reduced to hissy fits on random threads because not everyone is bullied by your false and gratuitous assertions and the world doesn't bow to your will. 
:baby1:

Miriam_M

Six votes are insignificant, Insanis, within the overall membership.

Insanis

Quote from: Miriam_M on May 29, 2021, 10:57:13 AM
Six votes are insignificant, Insanis, within the overall membership.

This poll wasn't meant to be significant. It was meant to be innocent because a poll cannot be removed from a thread.

The original poll was quite different.

Insanis

Quote from: True Devotion to MaryWhere Mary is present, the evil one is absent. One of the unmistakable signs that a person is led by the Spirit of God is the devotion he has to Mary, and his habit of thinking and speaking of her. This is the opinion of a saint, who goes on to say that just as breathing is a proof that the body is not dead, so the habitual thought of Mary and loving converse with her is a proof that the soul is not spiritually dead in sin.

Blasphemies aside, the instant degradation of some discussions into politics and other lesser things when it should be about devotion to Mary is an unmistakable sign of something.

The apparent agreement with the defense of devotion to Jesus through Mary, contrasted with the use of the same posts to be excessively fixated on personal annoyance is also a sign.

The public forum here has a severe disorder: inordinate attention to lesser things when confronted with greater things. Inordinate attention to petty feelings on intellectual matters. Inordinate use of personal affection when picking "sides". A complete lack of self-awareness when criticizing others, and weird double-standards that come and go, such as emotional attacks against intellectual statements, and pseudo-intellectual responses to emotional issues.

It is like a household that is afflicted with a spiritual malaise: always bickering, constant strife and discord for no real reason, and seemingly mostly normal people doing it.

It is an unmistakable sign and I think it is important to be vigilant against these subtleties.

mikemac

Yeah, maybe we should re-consecrate the forum to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, like KK suggested exactly eight years ago today back on June 7, 2013?

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=2738.0

This year the feast of the Sacred Heart is on Friday, June 11.

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Jayne

Quote from: mikemac on June 07, 2021, 02:23:24 PM
Yeah, maybe we should re-consecrate the forum to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, like KK suggested exactly eight years ago today back on June 7, 2013?

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=2738.0

This year the feast of the Sacred Heart is on Friday, June 11.

I was thinking about that too.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Insanis

Before any consecration, it should be cleansed. It needs a commitment to maintain a Catholic identity and Catholic policies and a certainty that it will be done.

This forum has a lot of minor upkeep that should be done (making sure all stickies and policies are up to date), as well as a consistent and ever present moderation policy that encourages Catholic discussions.