TLM Shutdown

Started by Heinrich, January 19, 2024, 05:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

Quote from: awkward customer on January 22, 2024, 05:01:42 PMWhat will an imperfect Council achieve when there are no Catholics left in the Vatican? 
It will set the ball rolling for the deposition of Francis and the coming out of the woods of those who still do have the faith.
3 Kings 19. 18. After the Prophet Elias complained that all the people in Israel had apostasied and worshipped Baal, God told him.
Quote18 And I will leave me seven thousand men in Israel, whose knees have not been bowed before Baal, and every mouth that hath not worshipped him kissing the hands.
We cannot lose faith that God is still in charge, and that the Church is not a human but a divine institution; as bleak as things look, the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary will come sooner or later.
So there is more opposition growing to Pope Francis every day; the Italian Episcopate just elected as the head of their conference a bishop that was dismissed from the CDF by Francis for first opposing his measures to restrict the TLM and then for opposing his permission to bless Sodomites.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: james03 on January 23, 2024, 08:43:10 AM
Quote from: awkward customer on January 22, 2024, 05:01:42 PMWhat will an imperfect Council achieve when there are no Catholics left in the Vatican? 

Scandal will be ended for a lot of Catholics.  Many will confidently say that Bergoglio is not the Pope.  This will also help in talking with potential converts.  Furthermore in the secular world you'll get push back everytime the Vatican pronounces a new heresy, as opposing media will remind everyone that Bergoglio is not the Pope.

St. Robert Bellarmine called it prudent to have a council confirm a Pope is an heretic to avoid scandal, even though he held it was not needed to declare a person an heretic.

a heretic*
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

james03

I got two "an heretic's" in a single sentence.  That's skill right there.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

LausTibiChriste

It hurts my brain

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 23, 2024, 09:13:26 AM
Quote from: james03 on January 23, 2024, 08:43:10 AM

Scandal will be ended for a lot of Catholics.  Many will confidently say that Bergoglio is not the Pope.  This will also help in talking with potential converts.  Furthermore in the secular world you'll get push back everytime the Vatican pronounces a new heresy, as opposing media will remind everyone that Bergoglio is not the Pope.

St. Robert Bellarmine called it prudent to have a council confirm a Pope is an heretic to avoid scandal, even though he held it was not needed to declare a person an heretic.

a heretic*

Get out of here with that igloo English!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

awkward customer

Excuse me, but when I was growing up back in the day, we were always taught to say 'an' before any word beginning with an 'h', as in 'an hotel', or 'an heretic'.

However, it does look and sound a bit strange, despite being once taught as 'proper' English.

Heinrich

Quote from: awkward customer on January 24, 2024, 06:19:35 AMExcuse me, but when I was growing up back in the day, we were always taught to say 'an' before any word beginning with an 'h', as in 'an hotel', or 'an heretic'.

However, it does look and sound a bit strange, despite being once taught as 'proper' English.

oui
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Acolyte

"an" before a word that begins with a vowel is what I was taught. Only exception is when a word begins with a consonant that is pronounced as a vowel.

For example, hour.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Acolyte on January 28, 2024, 09:45:09 PM"an" before a word that begins with a vowel is what I was taught. Only exception is when a word begins with a consonant that is pronounced as a vowel.

For example, hour.

Precisely. You know, normal English.

- MaximGun

drummerboy

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 29, 2024, 03:57:56 AM
Quote from: Acolyte on January 28, 2024, 09:45:09 PM"an" before a word that begins with a vowel is what I was taught. Only exception is when a word begins with a consonant that is pronounced as a vowel.

For example, hour.

Precisely. You know, normal English.

"Vulgar English," in the ancient Latin sense of the term
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

awkward customer

Saying "an heretic" is not nearly annoying as using the expression "I could care less" when what you mean is "I couldn't care less".

Think about it, you Americans who started this abomination.

Maybe not relevant to the thread but supremely annoying.

james03

We Americans maintain the British Imperial System of measurements.  The Brits have gone over to the globalist metric system, an horrible system.

Fill your cars with the undersized liter, and choose between a kilopascal and a megapascal.  We'll continue with common sense.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

awkward customer

Imperial units are ridiculous and so is using the Fahrenheit scale.

james03

Metric is clown world.

For drawings you have to use either the meter or the millimeter.  For flow rates you have to use cubic meters, way too big.  For pressure you have to use the tiny kilopascal or the enormous megapascal.  A lot of people have given up and use the non-standard "bar".  Metric is gay.

The only good units are centigrade (Fahrenheit is probably too fine) and viscosity, though you are supposed to use "Poise", the standard is to use "centipoise".

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: awkward customer on February 01, 2024, 11:43:11 AMImperial units are ridiculous and so is using the Fahrenheit scale.

Fahrenheit is retarded. Freezing is 32? Yeah ok Jim-Bob whatever you say

- MaximGun