Curmudgeons Invade Suscipe Domine

Started by Governator, August 03, 2018, 05:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Governator

If your not familiar with the Catholic Answer Forums game thread Curmudgeons in Casual Discussions there are no real rules...

Basically you can talk about whatever accept you do it in a cranky and sardonic fashion.

We drink copius amounts of coffee and chain smoke while yelling at kids and other annoying people to get off our lawns!!!

Curmudgeon Coffee consist of toxic and biological waste and whatever you might have lying around in a junk drawer.

Sometimes we have meaningful conversations and then awkwardly pretend they never happened.

After a thread exceeds its post limit we create another usually in some place around the world or under some theme.

Welcome to the party... ?

red solo cup

SD already has this. It's called St Joseph's Workbench.  /s
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Governator

Would this thread be more appropriate in The Coffee Pot?

We Curmudgeons throw everything in the coffee pot...

Dirty socks, antifreeze, grass clippings and about 1% actual coffee beans... ?

Do they drink hazardous waste and yell at tresspassers walking on their lawns in St Joseph's Workbench?

I'm here to give you all the Bad News of the Curmudgeon Gospel...

I'm a stranger in a strange land.

I'm from the bad lands of Fresno CA I fight mutants and ride sandworms... Just in case you know you have a chupacabra infestation I'm the guy to call.

Governator

Quote from: red solo cup on August 03, 2018, 05:49:26 AM

What category is that in?

Lynne

Quote from: Governator on August 03, 2018, 06:13:51 AM

He's joking. It's a sub-forum for men only... If you want to join that sub-forum, there's a thread in the General Info sub-forum to request access (or send a pm to the forum owner, Kaesekopf).
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Governator

Quote from: Lynne on August 03, 2018, 06:51:51 AM
Quote from: Governator on August 03, 2018, 06:13:51 AM

He's joking. It's a sub-forum for men only... If you want to join that sub-forum, there's a thread in the General Info sub-forum to request access (or send a pm to the forum owner, Kaesekopf).

Aah okay..

Is this the proper location for this thread?

I kind of wish I put it in the Coffee Pot along with the other strange and foul things we Mudgies put in the coffee pot..

On CAF we have these threads in Casual Discussions.

Anyways today's Coffee... ?

Gum stuck to my shoe
Tractor tires
Soggy frozen peas
Cigarettes buds
5 year Taco Bell Volcano Tacos I found in my trunk
Coffee beans filtered through and old shop wrag.

Enjoy...  :coffee:

Non Nobis

Quote from: Governator on August 03, 2018, 05:34:46 AM

Curmudgeon Coffee consist of toxic and biological waste and whatever you might have lying around in a junk drawer.

I thought being a curmudgeon was something you could be PROUD of - taking on the challenge of being a grump even though circumstances around you were WONDERFUL. Anyone could be a curmudgeon if all they had to do were to drink THAT.  >:(
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Governator

Quote from: Non Nobis on August 04, 2018, 09:26:23 PM
Quote from: Governator on August 03, 2018, 05:34:46 AM

I thought being a curmudgeon was something you could be PROUD of - taking on the challenge of being a grump even though circumstances around you were WONDERFUL. Anyone could be a curmudgeon if all they had to do were to drink THAT.  >:(

Don't be so surban...This is a Traditional Catholic Forum after all your getting your Purgatorial suffering out of the way...

Today's Coffee ?

The flames of Purgatory
The gloom of Hades
Hair Shirts
Floggers
Cilices
Trappist Beer
Cigar Buds
Brewed with holy water under the old rite... So with blessed and exorcised salt.

Enjoy... ?

I am Roman Catholic Latin Rite but attend a Ukrainian Catholic mission.

My wife converted to Catholicism through the mission so myself and our four children are Latin Rite and my wife is Ukrainian Rite.

We had our first vespers today.

I guess I'm kinda like St Romuald I am a Westerner who borrows from some of the traditions of the East.

I love iconography I have a whole wall and home full.

Those are some things about me...

Aaah that's good burns going down... Got to exorcise the demons.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Ah how I love the Ukrainian Divine Liturgy, at least as much the TLM, and if a UC Church were anywhere nearby, I would attend.

Now, as to your thread, I regret I cannot actively partici  pate, but will follow for the amusement.  Catholic curmudgeons are very interesting people.
However, I am much too polyanna-ish/cup half full.  Annoying, I know.  Mea culpa.
:cheeseheadbeer:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Michael Wilson

I would also love to participate, but my sense of humor runs more towards dumb jokes that nobody but me laughs at. It takes more talent to do what you are proposing. I hope that others will participate; one of the members that is perfect for this type of thread is Greg; he does this type of stuff with half his brain tied behind his back.
Welcome to the Forum.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Governator

You aren't actually uncharitable in the Curmudgeon threads you just pretend to be and there's a lot of dumb and dry humor.

I'm back on CAF now but I'll come in to check on you all.

I notice these threads run very... very.. slow but maybe I haven't found the right topic.

For Coffee ?

Sonic Pickle Slushy with Styrofoam cup, plastic straws lids and all

Spicy Lime Vegatable Shrimp Ramen Noodles with cardboard bowl and cellophane sauce wrapper

High Mileage Oil from my car

Dirty laundry from my family's trip to Disneyland

Enjoy ?

PerEvangelicaDicta

I find this amusing, from "On being a joyful curmudgeon", Fr  Dwight Longenecker:

It is a widely agreed precept that a many of a certain age, if he is sane, ought to be a curmudgeon.

Definition of curmudgeon

1: a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man

Why should he be a curmudgeon? Because by the time he has reached a certain age he should also have attained a certain level of wisdom and knowledge which will cause him to understand with increasing clarity how stupid, vain, shallow, lustful, greedy and idiotic most of this world and the people in it actually are.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled

Governator

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on August 20, 2018, 08:08:48 PM
I find this amusing, from "On being a joyful curmudgeon", Fr  Dwight Longenecker:

It is a widely agreed precept that a many of a certain age, if he is sane, ought to be a curmudgeon.

Definition of curmudgeon

1: a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man

Why should he be a curmudgeon? Because by the time he has reached a certain age he should also have attained a certain level of wisdom and knowledge which will cause him to understand with increasing clarity how stupid, vain, shallow, lustful, greedy and idiotic most of this world and the people in it actually are.

Exactly now tell those pesky neighbor kids and the Mormons to get off our lawn!!!

PerEvangelicaDicta

Governator, are you the 'famous' Catholic Curmudgeon?   :)

Governator

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on August 20, 2018, 10:15:50 PM
Governator, are you the 'famous' Catholic Curmudgeon?   :)

Yes autographs are $20.00.  8)