Question of Blessing and Dedication?

Started by gsas, October 25, 2019, 12:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsas

Jesus was taken to church first in His Earthly life to be dedicated as per the law of Moses.  Also, Jesus, as well as all the saints and other people can bless anything, all kinds of things. 

So here is the question. 

Does blessing and dedication imply a soul-like connection between the blessed and God?  Whether you bless a person or an object?  What part of the blessed is the blessing connected to and how does that part relate to God?  The same for the art of dedication.

Thanks a lot!  I really need your wisdoms here. 

Michael Wilson

What establishes our connection with God is Sanctifying or habitual grace. Objects can be blessed by a priest and are means of grace, such as the Miraculous Medal; as an exorcism such as the St. Benedict Medal or similar. In the old testament, the Patriarchs, priests, Levites, and prophets as well as the father of families blessed people. In the New Testament blessings are mostly reserved for the clergy; although its a good idea to bless our food and drink before partaking of it.
I hope this helps.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

gsas

Quote from: Michael Wilson on October 26, 2019, 11:40:46 AM
What establishes our connection with God is Sanctifying or habitual grace. Objects can be blessed by a priest and are means of grace, such as the Miraculous Medal; as an exorcism such as the St. Benedict Medal or similar. In the old testament, the Patriarchs, priests, Levites, and prophets as well as the father of families blessed people. In the New Testament blessings are mostly reserved for the clergy; although its a good idea to bless our food and drink before partaking of it.
I hope this helps.

So, if I am trying to apply this to a church building that had a rock music concert in it with a large crowd of all sorts of shady people, then will a blessing of the church building by a priest restore the building to at least some level of grace?