History subforum

Started by Vetus Ordo, November 21, 2017, 01:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

I count at least 10 people interested, so I'm good with it.  I'll make it sometime soon. Maybe before Thanksgiving if I'm adventurous!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Jacob

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

red solo cup

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 22, 2017, 12:29:24 AM
I count at least 10 people interested, so I'm good with it.  I'll make it sometime soon. Maybe before Thanksgiving if I'm adventurous!
Tick tock. Tick tock.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Kaesekopf

Quote from: red solo cup on November 22, 2017, 06:18:24 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 22, 2017, 12:29:24 AM
Tick tock. Tick tock.

My family is all union, so...  you're lucky the forum still works.

:lol:

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Gardener

I mean, technically, aren't all posts just history? Is it possible to make a post in the perfect present? Can a created thing which shall exist, exist now? Is that you John Wayne, is this me?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

martin88nyc

We could start by correcting catholic history myths or misrepresentations, especially those portrayed in mainstream media and in TV series. I propose "The Last Kingdom" BBC series(9th-10th century Britain). This TV drama has a very obnoxious anti Catholic slant, portraying Kind Arthur as an adulterer and almost every catholic is arrogant, dumb, and a lame duck. Whereas pagan Vikings are smart and clever plus they receive visions. Catholic God is constantly ridiculed.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Vetus Ordo

Maybe this subforum will come as a Christmas present from Käsekopf.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Spera In Deo

I'm in.  Let's get going KK.
"What Catholics once were, we are. If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.
We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.
We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now".

Robert DePiante

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on December 08, 2017, 03:33:07 PM

Isn't it exciting this way?

TradGranny

I would like to see sub-sections on:
French Revolution
Spanish Civil War
Lepanto
Protestant Deformation
and ?
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 12, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

And Christmas isn't over yet, two days till Epiphany...

In your copious spare time?  :D

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Lynne on January 04, 2018, 04:12:14 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 12, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

And Christmas isn't over yet, two days till Epiphany...

In your copious spare time?  :D

Christmas isn't over until Candlemas.  What is wrong with you?  ;)
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.