My first daughter!

Started by Gardener, September 18, 2018, 08:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Name: Genevieve Raphaelle (feminine French form of Raphael)
Weight: 7lb3oz
Length: 19.75"
Born at: 1915, 16 Sep
Picture attached.

I was 2 miles from camp and had been cow calling with my buddy for about 10 minutes when he shouted, "$Gardener, voicemails! $yourwife called $mywife and said she's going into labor!" We immediately unnocked arrows, checked that we had all equipment, and proceeded to run down the ridge and up another with bows and packs. Haven't breathed that hard since I was in the Army. Buddy tore down camp while I got everything in the truck and then we raced down to rd 31. Surprised my truck is still in one piece.

From the time we got the call until we were at 31 was a few minutes under an hour, for a total of 7 miles traveled - 2 on foot and 5 on a very rough road. I made it into the delivery room seconds after she came out, having raced down 24, up 25, and across woodmen to St. Francis Medical Center.

I'm going to nickname her Piti (as in wapiti, the Indian name for elk) so I can say I got one this season. Lol.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Xavier

Wow!!!  Awesome!!!! Congratulations to you and Mrs. Gardener for your beautiful baby girl!!!!!

<calms down a little>

Anyway, thanks be to God for this blessing. May our good Lord and dear Lady bless and keep baby Genevieve Raphaelle close to Their Hearts all the days of her life. :) When will be the Baptism?
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Heinrich

Ave Maria!

Is mom still at St. Francis? You need a fresh bathroom? Meal? I am two miles from St. Francis.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

We are still here.

Don't need anything. May get out of here today but need to do the car seat test. Will let ya know if we are being held over.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

maryslittlegarden

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Beautiful, beautiful baby girl :)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Lynne

Beautiful!!!

She's so lucky, two(!) older brothers!

:beer:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Prayerful

Wonderful. Prayers for her and you.  :pray1:
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Christe Eleison

:thumbsup:

Quote from: Gardener on September 18, 2018, 08:44:07 AM
Name: Genevieve Raphaelle (feminine French form of Raphael)
Weight: 7lb3oz
Length: 19.75"
Born at: 1915, 16 Sep
Picture attached.

I was 2 miles from camp and had been cow calling with my buddy for about 10 minutes when he shouted, "$Gardener, voicemails! $yourwife called $mywife and said she's going into labor!" We immediately unnocked arrows, checked that we had all equipment, and proceeded to run down the ridge and up another with bows and packs. Haven't breathed that hard since I was in the Army. Buddy tore down camp while I got everything in the truck and then we raced down to rd 31. Surprised my truck is still in one piece.

From the time we got the call until we were at 31 was a few minutes under an hour, for a total of 7 miles traveled - 2 on foot and 5 on a very rough road. I made it into the delivery room seconds after she came out, having raced down 24, up 25, and across woodmen to St. Francis Medical Center.

I'm going to nickname her Piti (as in wapiti, the Indian name for elk) so I can say I got one this season. Lol.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Dear Gardener,

YAY!!! :cheer: YAY!!!! :cheer: You & your family are so BLESSED!!!! Congratulations & Best of wishes to all!!!

A beautiful gift & Blessing from God!! :pray3:

I hope that Mommy is doing well just like baby Genevieve, because she looks perfect!! ;D

Now, I cannot wait to see a video of when you introduce her to her big brothers!
I loved when you introduced your 2nd baby boy to his big brother, and said something
along the lines of: "He is staying with us"
It made several of us in my family laugh so much. It was adorable!

So, please make sure you film the arrival of baby Genevieve, because I am
sure the reaction of her big brothers will be priceless!!!

I am so happy for you & your family, she is gorgeous!!!

May God Bless Baby Genevieve today & always, may our Blessed Mother watch out for her,
protect her from evil, keep her safe all of the days of her life.
And may she have a great Faith & love for Our Blessed Mother, just like her wonderful parents!!! :pray3:

Prayers, Blessings & Best of wishes for baby Genevieve Raphaelle, Mommy & the entire family! :pray2:
Amazing news!!

:grouphug:

Non Nobis

Congratulations Gardener - and especially Mrs. Gardener, and the star of the show Genevieve Raphaelle! What a beautiful name.  You will have quite a story to tell her of all you went through to meet her ASAP!   :pray1:
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Stu Cool

Congrats.  She is so alert in that first photo.  Was she early?  I'm surprised the Missus let you go hunting unless she was early.

Traditionallyruralmom

awww, congrats!  Babies are so exciting!!!
I got my first boy in 20 years on this day last year.  I know what it is like to finally get that gender you have been waiting for  :) :)
We made a blue and red cake and decorated with blue and red balloons, had not done that since my oldest boy was small.  It was fun!  Have fun with your pink princess  :)  Tea parties with daddy and feathers and sparkles!   :) :)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Michael Wilson

Gardener,
my felicitations!  :beer:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers