To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Listening to my husband hop from one boxing YouTube to another. Not watching just listening to it. It can be so obnoxious. Lots of boxing commentators out there. I like a good fight, but all the dialogue  is annoying. Favorite fighter is GGG from Kazechstan.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

erin is nice

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 17, 2016, 07:13:17 PM
Listening to my husband hop from one boxing YouTube to another. Not watching just listening to it. It can be so obnoxious. Lots of boxing commentators out there. I like a good fight, but all the dialogue  is annoying. Favorite fighter is GGG from Kazechstan.

My Hubby used to do that all the time.  You Tube is pretty much all he does on his computer or phone.  We'd both be sitting here with our laptops, surfing away, and all the sudden I'm sitting ringside in Vegas!  I don't necessarily have a problem listening to fights (I like the MMA fights), it's just that he listens to videos at about a level 62, compared to my level 18.  And if I have a migraine, I can go as low as a 3 and anything louder is torture.  It's the same way with TV.  I'm usually reading, doing research, or stuff like that.  When my migraines went chronic, I told him that we were going to have to do something different.  I didn't know what, but something had to change.  Then one day, out of the kindness of his heart, he broke out a pair of earphones and plugged them in.  No more racket!!  No more bleeding ears!!  There was peace in the valley again.  If he wants to watch TV, I'll use the earphones.  It might be something to look into.   :shrug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 25, 2016, 06:57:16 PM

My Hubby used to do that all the time.  You Tube is pretty much all he does on his computer or phone.  We'd both be sitting here with our laptops, surfing away, and all the sudden I'm sitting ringside in Vegas!  I don't necessarily have a problem listening to fights (I like the MMA fights), it's just that he listens to videos at about a level 62, compared to my level 18.  And if I have a migraine, I can go as low as a 3 and anything louder is torture.  It's the same way with TV.  I'm usually reading, doing research, or stuff like that.  When my migraines went chronic, I told him that we were going to have to do something different.  I didn't know what, but something had to change.  Then one day, out of the kindness of his heart, he broke out a pair of earphones and plugged them in.  No more racket!!  No more bleeding ears!!  There was peace in the valley again.  If he wants to watch TV, I'll use the earphones.  It might be something to look into.   :shrug:

So Dymphna, earphones, huh? Funny, but it seems like he feels like we are doing this together. If he throws a comment behind him, at me, I can just grunt or agree cheerfully, and since he's not looking at me, he feels we are sharing the moment I am deep into my tablet, but it doesn't matter. We are in the same room. Therefore, we ARE sharing time together. Earphones would be an affront to him, me thinks. But, now earplugs are an idea!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 25, 2016, 07:51:36 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on August 25, 2016, 06:57:16 PM

So Dymphna, earphones, huh? Funny, but it seems like he feels like we are doing this together. If he throws a comment behind him, at me, I can just grunt or agree cheerfully, and since he's not looking at me, he feels we are sharing the moment I am deep into my tablet, but it doesn't matter. We are in the same room. Therefore, we ARE sharing time together. Earphones would be an affront to him, me thinks. But, now earplugs are an idea!

I understand, Carleendiane.  We put our chairs next to each other so if he or I find something particularly interesting we just hold the laptop up or poke each other to get our attention.  Alot of times, we'll be sitting here surfing and he just reaches out to hold my hand for a while.  It's not exactly ideal, but it works for us right now.  You'll get it figured out.  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

martin88nyc

My childhood faves
[yt][/yt]

this is my song
[yt][/yt]
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

The fights. Sergey Kovalev and Bernard Hopkins. Hopkins is 49 in this fight Sergey wins big time. Hopkins does very little but thinks he's all that.

RedCaves

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33