Yer Weather

Started by Heinrich, January 22, 2019, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 28, 2019, 12:44:14 PM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 28, 2019, 11:37:18 AM
Not here... .
It was really frigid last week but today sunny, 29 F

Our high tomorrow is negative 20 and low is negative 36.  Pretty similar for the rest of the week.  We had snow come in yesterday, but not a whole lot. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Josephine87

It was 67 degrees in my house this morning and I might have turned the heat on...I am a wimp!
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Heinrich

Josephine, are you in AZ? There is a job posting in Sahuarita  for a German teacher. They are asking for immunization records as part of the application. Weird. In regards to this OP, the winter weather there appears dreamy.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on January 28, 2019, 02:25:57 PM
Josephine, are you in AZ? There is a job posting in Sahuarita  for a German teacher. They are asking for immunization records as part of the application. Weird. In regards to this OP, the winter weather there appears dreamy.

Considering a lot of the students are probably riddled with diseases from sur de la linea, I'm unsurprised.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

It was 65 degrees in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday, and my brother couldn't get a Golf game, because all his buddies told him it was "Way too cold, for Golf". My brother was questioning their manhood in a non-politically correct way.

A friend of mine from Cincinnati has a condo in Ft. Myers, he told me when it gets cold down there, people really bundle up; he said: "They sell coats down here, that are way thicker than the ones that are sold in Cincinnati". 
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Non Nobis

Just heard it is supposed to rain Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Big weather here in sunny So. CA!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

red solo cup

Quote from: Non Nobis on January 28, 2019, 08:06:32 PM
Just heard it is supposed to rain Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Big weather here in sunny So. CA!
This will ensure lots of brush and greenery for next year's fires. And landslides.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Stefano

Was in Tulsa, Oklahoma for the past few weeks and the temperature ranged from 20 to about 55 the whole time. Flew back to Ontario on Friday evening and was greeted by -17.

Michael Wilson

Big cold wave to hit "The Saint" tomorrow; school is canceled, so I will be spending a lot of time here, doing nothing.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

maryslittlegarden

They pretty much shut down everything where I live for tomorrow.   I don't have to go to work (which is saying something -it's been maybe 15 years since my employer has closed for the weather.)

Quote from: Michael Wilson on January 29, 2019, 06:34:25 PM
Big cold wave to hit "The Saint" tomorrow; school is canceled, so I will be spending a lot of time here, doing nothing.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Non Nobis

Brrr... Or does it become impossible to shiver when it gets too cold?

My sister in PA told me (while it was still above zero for her) that she minded the cold more in So. Cal. (inland) because we don't have such good heaters. She said she can take brief cold as long as warmth is coming soon.  (We didn't have very good heating at my Mom's house).
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Prayerful

Bit of frost, sunny this afternoon. Snow in Tipperary, Wicklow, Mayo. Winter weather in window. My God climate is a disaster.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

Quote from: Prayerful on January 30, 2019, 05:08:23 PM
Bit of frost, sunny this afternoon. Snow in Tipperary, Wicklow, Mayo. Winter weather in window. My God climate is a disaster.

The sun shines in winter, even when it's cold. Snow happens in winter, too. What's so disastrous about that?

mikemac

Imagine how much colder it would be without the global warming. (sarcasm)
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source