Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Altar missals for the OP rite and the Roman rite, from mid 30s and late 40s, respectively. :D

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MilesChristi

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 09, 2018, 12:31:18 PM
Altar missals for the OP rite and the Roman rite, from mid 30s and late 40s, respectively. :D

You really should just become a priest
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: MilesChristi on July 09, 2018, 04:05:12 PM

You really should just become a priest

I need a four volume pre-Pian breviary before that happens.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Vetus Ordo

Just bought a Vladimirskaya icon.

It was a good deal. It's a fine piece of art.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

drummerboy

Owner brand inline single hooks to switch the trebles out on my Rapalas

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on July 13, 2018, 08:40:27 AM
Owner brand inline single hooks to switch the trebles out on my Rapalas

English m8
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Prayerful

I've a few of them including a Gallican altar missal of 1776 issued under royal authority and that of Lomonie de Brienne, later an aggressive finance minister (DG of Finance) for Louis XVI, Cardinal, and finally apostate (Lectionary and Sanctoral Cycle the same as a Roman Missal for Toulouse, but propers usually differ), a 1754 Roman Rite Missal from Venice, a sort of deluxe priest's missal, and some other priest missals, and a beautiful and gigantic missal from 1959, and an altar missal of 1964 which is altar sized but surprisingly thin. In respect of a breviary, all I have is an Urban VIII diurnal of the 1892, a small print utterly plain one vol Urban VIII breviary of a few years prior, too many hand missals from 1800 to 1966, plus that CTS Ordinariate Missal from recently, and a few BCPs. A definite sort of lunacy.  Like reading through them.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Prayerful on July 13, 2018, 04:36:43 PM

I've a few of them including a Gallican altar missal of 1776 issued under royal authority and that of Lomonie de Brienne, later an aggressive finance minister (DG of Finance) for Louis XVI, Cardinal, and finally apostate (Lectionary and Sanctoral Cycle the same as a Roman Missal for Toulouse, but propers usually differ), a 1754 Roman Rite Missal from Venice, a sort of deluxe priest's missal, and some other priest missals, and a beautiful and gigantic missal from 1959, and an altar missal of 1964 which is altar sized but surprisingly thin. In respect of a breviary, all I have is an Urban VIII diurnal of the 1892, a small print utterly plain one vol Urban VIII breviary of a few years prior, too many hand missals from 1800 to 1966, plus that CTS Ordinariate Missal from recently, and a few BCPs. A definite sort of lunacy.  Like reading through them.

I like you.

james03

QuoteEnglish m8

You just lost man points.

I hate treble hooks.  Rapala lures are awesome though.  Love fishing with them.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

drummerboy

drummerboy

Quote from: james03 on July 13, 2018, 10:51:21 PM
QuoteEnglish m8

You just lost man points.

I hate treble hooks.  Rapala lures are awesome though.  Love fishing with them.

They're nice where I fish since all the park shores on the WI river where I live are lined with red granite which is cut very sharply, no nicely rounded river rock to bounce a lure off, once its caught its a goner.  With the rapalas that's no problem, just throw a weedless egg sinker on if I need a little depth and we're good to go, the river isn't much deeper than 4' in most spot anyway.

I switched out the trebles since I noticed that every fish I caught was just barely hooked, and didn't care for all the hooks dangling about (neither did my wife, she'll come fishing too).

Prayerful

Was cheap, so got it. It has quite a resemblance to the St Joseph's Missal, with similar enough art and a 'Treasury of Prayers,' less artwork on colour plates, a more compact ordinary than the SJM. It notably pushes the Dialogue Mass, something only alluded to in a 1947 St Andrew's Missal (an option for priest and people to say various parts of the ordinary). The size is good, smaller than the oversized Baronius missal, same length and width as a St Andrew's Missal but not as many pages.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.