Gardening with Jim Kovaleski

Started by Philip G., March 17, 2019, 04:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip G.

Jim is my favorite farmer, and he has a new video out.  Check it out if you love gardening and buying locally grown produce.

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Gardener

I don't garden at all. I almost killed a fake houseplant once. Interesting nonetheless.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Philip G.

Jim is really a pioneer for urban gardeners.  He has been able to find all sorts of loopholes in order to be quite successful.  He takes advantage of his towns free composting program.  He has a well on his little property.  He rents the yards of his neighbors.  He used to have to evade the authorities/local laws against gardens in the front yard; he had to design his vegetable gardens in an ornate decorative fashion(borders, shapes, circles, diversity/no monocrop).  He delivers it on his bike and makes use of minimalist type ways.  He is an inspirational person.  And, in his free time he reads lots of books.  I have learned a lot from him. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12