Is It Time to Leave the Church

Started by PerEvangelicaDicta, September 10, 2018, 12:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerEvangelicaDicta

I can't attest to the priest hosting the show, I'm unfamiliar with him, but thought the discussion may of interest.

Is It Time To Leave The Church
https://www.thestationofthecross.com/listen-live/
Join host, Fr. Robert McTeigue, S.J., as he welcomes
Dr. Ralph Martin

Call or text in LIVE during the show at 5:00 PM (EST) 
1-877-511-5483

Listen live online: 
thestationofthecross.com/listen-live

Listen live via the iCatholicRadio mobile app:
thestationofthecross.com/stations/icatholicradio
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

The Harlequin King

I know the priest personally. He's solid.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Good to know, HK!  And I presumed so, knowing the style of this station, especially on this particular show, The Catholic Current.  My favorite is Father Paul McDonald.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled

The Harlequin King

Also, I know the "SJ" throws us off, and I've joked with him about that. He's been celebrating the TLM on a more frequent basis in recent years, I believe.

TradGranny

To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

PerEvangelicaDicta

Oh no!  I just tested the first 'Listen Live" link, and it worked fine for me.  If you select one of the stations below; i.e., Buffalo or Elmira, etc, it should play. :cheeseheadbeer:

Irishcyclist

TradGranny

Watched the video and, to me, it was kind of lame.

People have asked him to speak out and he didn't do so because it would be perceived as "virtue signaling." What?

He didn't feel it was necessary to say that priestly sexual abuse of children using a crucifix and using holy water was wrong, and the coverup by the hierarchy was wrong because he takes it as a given that everyone agrees it was wrong. Wait. What? He says "I just assumed that all priests and bishops would be like, what? That's terrible."   

How can he assume that about all priest and bishops when some of them were involved in these acts and were involved in non-disclosure financial settlements, and some of them were involved in shielding the perpetrators, moving them to areas with access to more victims, and covering up their heinous crimes?

He claims he didn't know?
He never read Malachi Martin?
He never read the "Alta Vendita"?
He never read "School of Darkness"?
He never heard of Roman Catholic Faithful?
He never heard of Randall Terry?
He never heard about the coverups in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles?
He never heard of the Lavender Mafia?
No one ever told him in Confession that they had been abused by a priest?

All in all,
He failed to condemn the coverup.
He failed to mention the Pope's involvement in the coverup.
He failed to call for the Youth thing to be cancelled.
He failed to call for the Pope to resign.

It would have been nice to see fewer tears and more action.

p.s. What does any of this have to do with "Is it time to leave the Church?" What was that, if not a subliminal hint.

To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Irishcyclist

Is it time to leave the church?

No.
It's not time to leave the church because in leaving the church you cede territory to those who want to further damage the church.

So, no I ain't going anywhere else.