I need to get a 1962 Latin German missal

Started by martin88nyc, September 03, 2018, 02:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

Where could I buy a 1962 Latin German missal?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Greg

50 Euros is too expensive?

Where are you living, Bangladesh?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Quote from: martin88nyc on September 03, 2018, 10:33:04 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 03, 2018, 08:40:00 PM
https://www.sarto.de/product_info.php?info=p780_Schott-1962-Roemisches-Messbuch.html
too expensive for me.
What about this one?
https://www.biblio.com/book/messbuch-heiligen-kirche-liturgische-einfuhrungen-schott/d/1123098269?aid=frg&utm_source=google&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=feed-details&gclid=CjwKCAjwt7PcBRBbEiwAfwfVGIcK0yNqxgSrsVpkAm4bP_4WiEpJq12c8pFesFiPNg9Cd8ch-XISKBoCglUQAvD_BwE

You get what you pay for. The one I suggested is new, and as it is from the Society, most likely contains nothing but tradition. While the one you found is less expensive, a few things would dissuade me from purchasing it: 1) "Einfuhrung" is spelled incorrectly and it is used twice; 2) it is used; 3) the front cover screams new church.  I really can't explain it, but it looks as if it would fit nicely in a novus order pew. Thus, I wouldn't trust the translations, the condition, and the content. Skip a few meals and buy the new one. Or, look on Ebay. I have been very lucky in finding two Deutsche/Lateinische Messbücher. However, they are 1937, 1951 respectively. N.B. in the unrevised Good Friday prayers, there are prayers for Kaiser and due nobles.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Greg on September 04, 2018, 12:45:30 AM
50 Euros is too expensive?

Where are you living, Bangladesh?
I am chronically ill and unemployed. My only "income" comes from social services like SNAP and cash assistance.

Heinrich

May I ask why you need a German Latin Missal?

Greg

Buy the new one and send me the receipt.  I'll pay the difference via PayPal.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Heinrich on September 04, 2018, 12:18:47 PM
May I ask why you need a German Latin Missal?
I would like to give it to a German couple as a Christmas present. They drive me and my parents home after Mass. 

martin88nyc

Quote from: Greg on September 04, 2018, 12:58:10 PM
Buy the new one and send me the receipt.  I'll pay the difference via PayPal.
Thank you Greg but I just dont know if I could accept your offer. I live with my parents and they would probably feel uneasy. I already wrote about the German friends who drive us home after Mass. My patents will definitely chip in so to say but I just cannot depend on them all the time. But I thank you for your generosity Greg.

Gardener

You should take Greg up on his offer. It was very generous and is an opportunity for him to spiritually benefit and share in the charity you wish to display to the folks who assist you.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe