Started by james03, July 13, 2018, 12:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: Greg on July 13, 2018, 04:07:37 PM
Quote from: longstrangetrip5 on July 13, 2018, 02:27:21 PM
i always wanted to visit London, for the historical stuff

now that that loon is mayor

forget it

We have had bigger loons.  Like Ken Livingstone.

how could he possibly be a bigger loon than the mayor of London?

:shrug:

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: Frank on July 14, 2018, 06:51:57 AM
Quote from: Greg on July 13, 2018, 09:08:02 PM
How did those Osprey choppers get to Britain?  Flown from Germany or specially shipped in a military transport ship or giant plane?
Edwin managed to photograph one as it flew over on its final approach to Northolt.

Interesting.  I often have very low flying large military choppers fly over my house to land at the Royal Engineers base.  I think they must operate a sort of military scheduled bus service to there in the summer months.  In the winter,  they are less frequent and random.  You can hear them coming from miles away and the come in really low.  The children love it.  Most of them are the double rotor Chinook

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/boeing-uk/chinook-helicopter-still-flying-today/
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

The Osprey's are USMC...Trump's personal guard I assume?
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

james03

QuoteI wonder if there is a knock off line of her elegant couture.

Please refrain from using a potty mouth.  We have a former Canadian Naval dude here and they have delicate ears.

I don't know what a couture is, but I'm agin' it.  (Hat tip to Grumpy).
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Jacob

Quote from: james03 on July 15, 2018, 12:07:05 PM

Please refrain from using a potty mouth.  We have a former Canadian Naval dude here and they have delicate ears.

Quote from: WikipediaHaute couture (/?o?t ku??tj??r/; French pronunciation: ?[ot kuty?]; French for "high sewing" or "high dressmaking" or "high fashion") is the creation of exclusive custom-fitted clothing. Haute couture is high-end fashion that is constructed by hand from start to finish, made from high-quality, expensive, often unusual fabric and sewn with extreme attention to detail and finished by the most experienced and capable sewers, often using time-consuming, hand-executed techniques.[1] Couture translates literally from French as "dressmaking" but may also refer to fashion, sewing, or needlework[2] and is also used as a common abbreviation of haute couture and refers to the same thing in spirit.[3]
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jacob on July 15, 2018, 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: james03 on July 15, 2018, 12:07:05 PM

Quote from: WikipediaHaute couture (/?o?t ku??tj??r/; French pronunciation: ?[ot kuty?]; French for "high sewing" or "high dressmaking" or "high fashion") is the creation of exclusive custom-fitted clothing. Haute couture is high-end fashion that is constructed by hand from start to finish, made from high-quality, expensive, often unusual fabric and sewn with extreme attention to detail and finished by the most experienced and capable sewers, often using time-consuming, hand-executed techniques.[1] Couture translates literally from French as "dressmaking" but may also refer to fashion, sewing, or needlework[2] and is also used as a common abbreviation of haute couture and refers to the same thing in spirit.[3]

:grouphug: Thank you Jacob.    :lol:  edited for the laugh.  :D
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

clau clau

I saw 4 (Ospreys) heading east-west over Burghclere (Hampshire) yesterday.  Somebody with me thought that it might be to do with the Farnborough Airshow.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Greg

They probably double up since the cost of moving them is high.

james03

For those who don't remember Snow White, Grumpy gives a speech against women and their feminine wiles.  When asked what a feminine wile is, he says: "I don't know, but I'm agin' 'em".
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Frank

Quote from: clau clau on July 16, 2018, 06:11:59 AM
I saw 4 (Ospreys) heading east-west over Burghclere (Hampshire) yesterday.  Somebody with me thought that it might be to do with the Farnborough Airshow.
I went to that with my school friend, John Barry, on the day after the DH-110 crashed and its engine ploughed into the crowd.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHj0FOkcE94[/yt]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_Farnborough_Airshow_crash
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Greg

james03