Laramie Hirsch, "Alt-Right, Rad-Trad Apologist" Is he right about the Alt-Right?

Started by christulsa, April 04, 2018, 12:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 04, 2018, 01:40:09 AM
Quote from: clau clau on April 04, 2018, 01:33:26 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 04, 2018, 01:07:33 AM
No I don't agree.

Forget these "movements".

Just be an authentic Catholic man. You have the answer staring you right in the face, why would you go chasing any other "movement".

"authentic Catholic man".  Is that like a true scotsman ?

Just without the quilt and slightly more drunk

Kilt

Pretty sure I was drunk when I wrote that. That or trying to speak Russian all day is screwing up my English
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

christulsa

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 08, 2018, 01:42:32 PM
No I don't agree.

Just be an authentic Catholic man. You have the answer staring you right in the face, why would you go chasing any other "movement".

Kilt

Pretty sure I was drunk when I wrote that. That or trying to speak Russian all day is screwing up my English

I heard you married a hot Russian,  and got her to switch over to the Catholic Church.   If I can ask,  how did you meet?
You're IQ is way too high to use one of those Russian dating websites that scam people.

I met my Filipina wife on SSPXSingles.com

Miriam_M

No I don't agree.

Kilt

Thank you, because you had lost me on "quilt."  LOL, I was beginning to be very worried about some male quilting circle.

:lol:   :knit:

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: christulsa on April 08, 2018, 03:47:23 PM
No I don't agree.

Kilt

I heard you married a hot Russian,  and got her to switch over to the Catholic Church.   If I can ask,  how did you meet?
You're IQ is way too high to use one of those Russian dating websites that scam people.

Haven't married her yet. This summer God willing but there's a buttload of hoops to jump through when you're from country A, she's from country B and you want to marry and live in country C.

Met her when I lived in Europe. She was travelling and I was enamoured with that booty so I went to say hi. Rest is history.

Got her to convert by daring her to say a decade of the Rosary every night. "What's the worst that could happen" Muahaha - don't F with the Rosary kids!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dymphna17

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 09, 2018, 01:51:48 AM
No I don't agree.

Kilt

Haven't married her yet. This summer God willing but there's a buttload of hoops to jump through when you're from country A, she's from country B and you want to marry and live in country C.

Met her when I lived in Europe. She was travelling and I was enamoured with that booty so I went to say hi. Rest is history.

Got her to convert by daring her to say a decade of the Rosary every night. "What's the worst that could happen" Muahaha - don't F with the Rosary kids!

Between this and Scipio's "go to at least 3 TLMs before you stop trying", people don't stand a chance!  :lol:  Hey... maybe we could get the Pope to try this.  Hmmm   ;) 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Gardener

-- topical.

(note: I do not consider myself Alt-right, it's just a meme).
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Miriam_M

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 09, 2018, 04:24:19 AM

Between this and Scipio's "go to at least 3 TLMs before you stop trying", people don't stand a chance!  :lol:  Hey... maybe we could get the Pope to try this.  Hmmm   ;) 8)

It may be the very reason PF avoids the TLM and disses it constantly.

Heinrich

"This is a situation up with which [we must] not put!" Alt right is fags.

[yt][/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Christe Eleison

No I don't agree.

Kilt

Congrats! That is awesome. I hope that it all works out in time.  :pray1: Best of wishes.

Where do you all want to end up living? Is there a TLM there?

Does she happen to know of a good Russian cookbook in English (or maybe her Mama)?.
Thanks & God bless  :pray1:

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Markus

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 04, 2018, 12:56:08 AM
Insufferable doesn't even begin to describe that guy. I'm no psychologist, but if his posting is any indication, he is definitely unbalanced, to put it charitably.
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 04, 2018, 12:56:08 AM
to put it charitably.

:huh:

Jon Paul

Quote from: Gardener on April 05, 2018, 07:40:46 PM
It would seem to me that LH and everyone would be better off sticking with traditional "God, mom, and apple pie" conservatism, with a focus on anti-communist/strict Constitutionalist principles, how communist principles are reborn and recycled in the modern SJW/Cultural Marxist movement, and how to defeat that mentality.

That's possibly the better choice for American Catholics to make in the current climate. But it's only better in relation to the alternatives. There is still a better choice. The best choice, actually. Even apple pie conservatism is still inherently liberal. The best choice is illiberalism. Catholics have an alternative to modern political thought. https://thejosias.com

Gardener

I don't know that I can comment on the political theorizing of a bunch of academics, untried and wrapped in the swaddling clothes of theory. In particular, one that has a website which would necessitate years of study and careful thought to even arrive at a conclusion, much less the point of even hoping to enact it. In this sense, it reminds me of Distributism -- cited, footnoted, and impossible once it escapes the rigid fancy of man's mind and is released into the ether of practice.

I prefer to deal in the reality of where we are and have been, and how to undo our travel down the wrong fork in the road, before I even remotely begin to consider LARPing theories.

To cast what I'm saying in nutritional terms:

We need to nationally stop slurping 72oz coca-colas to wash down Twinkies and bags of chips and get back to water, collard greens, and fried chicken before we can even remotely begin hope of a workout plan and a raw foods diet. To have an argument about macros and nutrient levels is secondary to the primary goal of stopping the diabetic coma in which we find ourselves.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Jon Paul

Quote from: Gardener on April 16, 2018, 08:45:07 AM
I don't know that I can comment on the political theorizing of a bunch of academics, untried and wrapped in the swaddling clothes of theory. In particular, one that has a website which would necessitate years of study and careful thought to even arrive at a conclusion, much less the point of even hoping to enact it. In this sense, it reminds me of Distributism -- cited, footnoted, and impossible once it escapes the rigid fancy of man's mind and is released into the ether of practice.

I prefer to deal in the reality of where we are and have been, and how to undo our travel down the wrong fork in the road, before I even remotely begin to consider LARPing theories.

We need to nationally stop slurping 72oz coca-colas to wash down Twinkies and bags of chips and get back to water, collard greens, and fried chicken before we can even remotely begin hope of a workout plan and a raw foods diet. To have an argument about macros and nutrient levels is secondary to the primary goal of stopping the diabetic coma in which we find ourselves.

I'd really recommend pursuing The Josias, I think you'll find that it's not in the same vein as Distributism (although there may be a fondness for Chesterton and Belloc). Nor would it be considered LARPing.

The problem you'll face with "God, mum and apple pie" conservatism and strict constitutionalism is that you're essentially trying to cast out devils by the prince of devils. You're appealing to liberalism to defeat liberalism. The reason we're in this situation in the first place is because of "God, mum and apple pie" conservatism. Conservative liberals appeal so often to a return to the point where liberalism was "good." For some, that's the 1950s, for others, perhaps going all the way back to Burke. But there has never been a point where liberalism was good.

Is your brand of conservatism better than what we're facing right now? Absolutely! And that's where I believe that Catholics should try and act of build a better society around them. But it's simply a lesser evil than the other evil. The true good will be found elsewhere. We simply have to be careful of accepting liberal principle by engaging in liberal praxis. But to be honest, I'm not sure if we can really do that. I won't judge another good willed Catholic for trying to do so.

Heinrich

Quote from: Jon Paul on April 16, 2018, 10:01:51 AM
Quote from: Gardener on April 16, 2018, 08:45:07 AM

I'd really recommend pursuing The Josias, I think you'll find that it's not in the same vein as Distributism (although there may be a fondness for Chesterton and Belloc). Nor would it be considered LARPing.

The problem you'll face with "God, mum and apple pie" conservatism and strict constitutionalism is that you're essentially trying to cast out devils by the prince of devils. You're appealing to liberalism to defeat liberalism. The reason we're in this situation in the first place is because of "God, mum and apple pie" conservatism. Conservative liberals appeal so often to a return to the point where liberalism was "good." For some, that's the 1950s, for others, perhaps going all the way back to Burke. But there has never been a point where liberalism was good.

Is your brand of conservatism better than what we're facing right now? Absolutely! And that's where I believe that Catholics should try and act of build a better society around them. But it's simply a lesser evil than the other evil. The true good will be found elsewhere. We simply have to be careful of accepting liberal principle by engaging in liberal praxis. But to be honest, I'm not sure if we can really do that. I won't judge another good willed Catholic for trying to do so.

Nice.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.