Share your Prayer Books!

Started by Livenotonevil, February 10, 2018, 02:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livenotonevil

If you have a particular prayer book that you use or a specific prayer rule, share it here!
May God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

ServusMariae

Every now & then I would go through the writings of St. Louis Marie de Montfort & utilize his Prayer to Jesus and/or Prayer to Mary every once in a while at Mass/Eucharistic Adoration/private prayer time, but I guess the true prayer book that I use on a more regular basis is the 1962 Daily Missal which contains a truckload of prayers for essentially anything. The only drawback is that the missal itself is pretty bulky to carry around on a daily basis .... so the best lightweight alternative is simply to have a Rosary in my pocket. The prayers of the Holy Rosary are prayers, after all. ;) 

Prayerful

Morning and Evening Prayers/whatever's applicable insofar as is practicable from St Andrew's Missal, Bruges 1945, St Anthony's Treasury, Dublin, 1930, also the Legion of Mary Catena Legionisas it stood until 1945, although the Grail translation is a rare example of a modern translation which isn't flat and weak, although that owes much to the tessara prayers being mostly original bar the magnificat. Also Rosary. They're scanned, so can be read off a Google drive scan image.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

lauermar

This. I have the 1945 version, and this 2001 is no different. No modernism here. Basic prayers written by saints in powerful language that doesn't smack of post-Vatican II modernism and ecumenism. I looked up some of the prayers and found there's a partial indulgence attached to them.

It has to be ordered online or bought in a traditional Catholic bookstore. The words won't pass customs in the average N.O. parish.

https://www.amazon.com/Reparation-Sacred-English-Spanish-Italian/dp/1891280392
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Kaesekopf

Blessed Be God is peak Catholic prayer book'ing.  You can't beat it.

I found the Little Flower Missal and it's also the pinnacle of Catholic missal-making. 

BBG was also compiled/edited by two (great) Dominicans. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Penitent

Breviarium Romanum. I use the Baronius or sometimes the Diurnale that the Society put out.

Miriam_M

Quote from: lauermar on February 21, 2018, 07:48:51 PM
This. I have the 1945 version, and this 2001 is no different. No modernism here. Basic prayers written by saints in powerful language that doesn't smack of post-Vatican II modernism and ecumenism. I looked up some of the prayers and found there's a partial indulgence attached to them.

It has to be ordered online or bought in a traditional Catholic bookstore. The words won't pass customs in the average N.O. parish.

https://www.amazon.com/Reparation-Sacred-English-Spanish-Italian/dp/1891280392

Thank you.  I shall order it.