Public School Irony

Started by Elizabeth, November 09, 2017, 08:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth

My Dad's work was quoted in my son's public school class today, by name. 
So, it can definitely be said there is a distinct left-wing flavor to the curriculum.
(as if there was any doubt)

dymphna17

I feel like I should know who your Father was, but I'm sorry I don't.  It must have been very upsetting to hear that about your son's school.  Is he in elementary school?  Maybe there's time to undo any left-wing damage.  Maybe, hopefully?  :-\
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Elizabeth

One confusing irony is that I so sincerely never wanted anything to do with the public school system for the obvious reasons.  Another irony is that my Dad was formed by Catholic nuns in the 1930's, skipped grades and went to college at 16.  My husband and I know so many really smart old people who owe everything--at least their great jobs--to their superior Catholic education.  Yet they all are incredibly ungrateful apostates.
*not sure if irony is the right term
*not sure if it's apostates
*too lazy to check

Anyway, the public school is the best thing for this particular child as far as it goes.  Even as the battles rage for and against souls.  DC is an odd place to grow up, but it appears to be becoming more Catholic than years past.

Heinrich

Can you provide some context?

Will comments more later. In Phone and getting ready to leave.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Elizabeth

Quote from: Heinrich on November 11, 2017, 07:38:33 AM
Can you provide some context?

Will comments more later. In Phone and getting ready to leave.
Totally Left-Wing Radical, yet now his work is mainstream in a respected public school. 
He recently died at 92.  He'd have loved to hear of this.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.