Rito Bracarense - Rite of Braga

Started by Vetus Ordo, October 29, 2017, 06:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Kaesekopf

The loss of the different Rites of the West have always made me sad. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 29, 2017, 11:39:16 PM

In truth, the old rite of Braga (like that of Lyon or the Sarum rite) is just a local variation of the Roman rite.

It's especially sad to see them disappear vis-à-vis the liturgical revolution. They could have represented a different way of preserving the faith, even if just locally.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on October 30, 2017, 01:09:56 PM

In truth, the old rite of Braga (like that of Lyon or the Sarum rite) is just a local variation of the Roman rite.

It's especially sad to see them disappear vis-à-vis the liturgical revolution. They could have represented a different way of preserving the faith, even if just locally.

Oh, yeah.  But even the variations had a spice and pizzazz that were so much more...  and at the very least, the local stuff is intriguing.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

ÆneasQuébécois

That's the main attraction Eastern Orthodoxy has for me, tbh. But they allow divorce and remarriage, and just about anything in the right circumstance on the grounds of "economia".
"True evangelical faith...cannot lay dormant; but manifests itself in all righteousness and works of love; it...clothes the naked; feeds the hungry; consoles the afflicted; shelters the miserable; aids and consoles all the oppressed; returns good for evil; serves those that injure it; prays for those that persecute it." ~ Menno Simons