Good afternoon!

Started by Kephapaulos, August 04, 2017, 11:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Ok. So daughter finally picked a middle name for baby, Lydia ROSE Palmer.  :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good afternoon. Garden weeded watèred. Picked fresh veggies. Ate some tomato and yellow pepper. Very good, and cukes just keep coming! Two plants and enough to feed the town of jackson.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Just woke up.  Still migraining.  Craving sugar of any kind, but Carleen's veggies sound really, really good too.  Oh the dilemma that is my life.   ::) ;) 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 10, 2017, 12:05:41 PM
Just woke up.  Still migraining.  Craving sugar of any kind, but Carleen's veggies sound really, really good too.  Oh the dilemma that is my life.   ::) ;) 8)

:pray3: :pray3: :pray3:

and
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

dymphna17

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on August 10, 2017, 12:37:36 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on August 10, 2017, 12:05:41 PM

:pray3: :pray3: :pray3:

and
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

There you are!  I was afraid you were down for the count.  Thank you for the prayers and the hugs.  You are so sweet and generous.  I'm glad to be a benefactor of your kindness.  I hope someday to return the favor.   :) 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Yes, our Mary is so kind and sweet. The hugs she distributes are so warm and sometimes sorely needed. There she is so lovely and so ready to help. Ummmm, Mary, the dress, yes it is lovely, but it may be time for a change. I mean, every day for months? Just sayin....

dymphna17

But she's so pretty in pink!  It worked out perfectly for the garden party.  She was the bell of the ball.  :)
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 10, 2017, 04:42:48 PM
But she's so pretty in pink!  It worked out perfectly for the garden party.  She was the bell of the ball.  :)

I know, I know, Dymph! But sometimes I have to remind her to change her clothes. It's been months, Dymphna. Really. She will love some nice clean clothes!

Carleendiane

It is time to step into your thread, Keph. Thank you for this place of refuge. Still need a coffee table and coffee, but it's shaping up. I can prop my feet up on one of your folding chairs. Munda has been wanting an afternoon thread for a long time. She can slip in for a quiet moment while the Littles are napping.

Carleendiane

Just refinished a breadbox that had seen better days. Turned out lovely. Beautiful knotty pine.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 10, 2017, 03:08:12 PM
Yes, our Mary is so kind and sweet. The hugs she distributes are so warm and sometimes sorely needed. There she is so lovely and so ready to help. Ummmm, Mary, the dress, yes it is lovely, but it may be time for a change. I mean, every day for months? Just sayin....

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 10, 2017, 05:56:30 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on August 10, 2017, 04:42:48 PM

I know, I know, Dymph! But sometimes I have to remind her to change her clothes. It's been months, Dymphna. Really. She will love some nice clean clothes!

Pink is my summer color.  Doing my fall shopping, though. :):):):)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 11, 2017, 10:51:44 AM
It is time to step into your thread, Keph. Thank you for this place of refuge. Still need a coffee table and coffee, but it's shaping up. I can prop my feet up on one of your folding chairs. Munda has been wanting an afternoon thread for a long time. She can slip in for a quiet moment while the Littles are napping.

Yes! I was just thinking: bread from the breadbox for the bread basket! I'm not a coffee drinker sadly, but I do like it. How about also setting up a trampling outside for the little ones if they get up too?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on August 11, 2017, 12:08:39 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on August 11, 2017, 10:51:44 AM

Yes! I was just thinking: bread from the breadbox for the bread basket! I'm not a coffee drinker sadly, but I do like it. How about also setting up a trampling outside for the little ones if they get up too?

Awwww, Keph, you are truly catching on. The trampoline idea is fabulous. Do you think it can be set into the ground? The Littles have a lot of accidents. I think it would be safer that way. Oh, just wait for me to parade in my 11 soon to 13 grandkids. Not to worry, grandmas know enough to clean up after them. We will leave the place as we found it.

Ummmm, Keph......about coffee. Doesn't matter that you do not drink it. We. Do. Sooooo, how about you take the Bunn coffee maker son just picked up at garage sale, and we provide filters and good quality coffee. Yes, good quality coffee. We do not drink crappy coffee. If you are not a coffee drinker, you may not know the difference, but we do. So, it will be our job to supply. One more thing. Powdered cream is not allowed. It is banned. Only half and half. Or fresh cream from one of Munda's cows.

Please don't be offended by the suggestions. I'm sure you would have thought of these things yourself in time, but this will be a very successful thread with coffee, or beer, or mixed drinks, or wine.........

Kephapaulos

I don't know how to make coffee though. How about some beer instead? :cheeseheadbeer:

We must not have a trampling trampoline. How about a minitrampoline with a netting and low elevation? Or how about a mini inflatable playhouse instead?

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Kephapaulos on August 11, 2017, 02:01:23 PM
I don't know how to make coffee though. How about some beer instead? :cheeseheadbeer:

We must not have a trampling trampoline. How about a minitrampoline with a netting and low elevation? Or how about a mini inflatable playhouse instead?

Beer is acceptable.  :):):):)