Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessean

Quote from: Jacob on June 30, 2021, 04:55:49 PM
Quote from: Melkor on June 30, 2021, 10:18:43 AM
Jurassic Park I. So good.
My brother and I have a joke about Jurassic Park.  In a multiplex out there in America's commercial sprawl, JP is still being shown on a regular basis.  When it came out, it seemed like it was in theaters forever.
I hope that's true.

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: The Theosist on August 10, 2020, 04:21:38 AM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjq7Gl_hhPY[/yt]

The Terror Season 1. The trailer can't do this masterpiece justice.

I just watched part of the trailer.  Really frightening - is it only supposed to cause nightmares?  Any spoilers would be appreciated so I can see if I can withstand it.

Tennessean

I couldn't stand the paranormal stuff. Then on top they wave away the paranormal with lead poisoning. So you have a great premise ruined by becoming a scooby-doo episode.

Santantonio

I watched Pixels last night. It was mindless fun, especially for us Gen X'ers.

Elizabeth.2

People Will Talk ,1951.  It was fun until the end, then so schmaltzy I could scream.  I am so grateful to my parents for never letting us watch TV and having a big library.

Christina_S

We watched Braveheart last weekend and Pitch Perfect on Saturday night. I don't know why...
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

LausTibiChriste

Watched Gladiator last night.

For the 74th time.

This year.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

The Hummingbird Project on Netflix. Fell asleep. Tried again in a couple of days. Unwatchable.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Tennessean

Electra Glide in Blue. Last night I watched the prerelease of The Big Sleep.

Maximilian

Dune

Epic greatness. This is what a movie should be. Captures the book without bogging down in minutiae that is better left to be read in the book. It's worth paying for tickets to see it on the big screen.

Content warning: None.

Not a single swear word. No nudity. Almost one kiss in a dream sequence, but then it doesn't actually happen.

This is not a kid's movie, due to "adult themes," fantasy elements and violence. The rating of PG-13 is probably just about right.

Explanation: This movie is the first half of the book. A Part 2 is in production.

clau clau

Watched "Children of Men".  Do not watch it unless you want to get more depressed.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: clau clau on October 25, 2021, 03:51:50 AM
Watched "Children of Men".  Do not watch it unless you want to get more depressed.

Challenge accepted
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Tennessean

Quote from: Maximilian on October 24, 2021, 10:10:39 PM
Dune

Epic greatness. This is what a movie should be. Captures the book without bogging down in minutiae that is better left to be read in the book. It's worth paying for tickets to see it on the big screen.

Content warning: None.

Not a single swear word. No nudity. Almost one kiss in a dream sequence, but then it doesn't actually happen.

This is not a kid's movie, due to "adult themes," fantasy elements and violence. The rating of PG-13 is probably just about right.

Explanation: This movie is the first half of the book. A Part 2 is in production.
Oh no, I hated it lol

Lynne

That's the one in which everyone realizes that they're sterile, eh? Hmmm... I wonder if it takes place in 2023 or 2024...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Jacob

Quote from: Lynne on October 27, 2021, 04:07:14 PM

That's the one in which everyone realizes that they're sterile, eh? Hmmm... I wonder if it takes place in 2023 or 2024...

They don't realize, it's already happening and society is falling apart.  UK is hanging on barely.  The movie starts with the youngest person in the world, a young adult man, dying in a street riot because he and other young people have celebrity status.

It's one of those movie for me that I can't see again the first time.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson