State in life

Started by TandJ, October 14, 2021, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TandJ

Is mentioning your state in life strictly necessary in confession? I realize I haven't been doing this, but have read it is advisable and some have even said it's required.

LausTibiChriste

Only if it affects the gravity of the sin

French kissing a woman is a very different sin for a 16 year old boy than it is for a 42 year old married dude (assuming he wasnt Frenching his wife)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

TandJ

Oh ok so these unintentional omissions need to be reconfessed next time I assume?

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: TandJ on October 14, 2021, 06:49:55 PM
Oh ok so these unintentional omissions need to be reconfessed next time I assume?

It never hurts to reconfess a sin, unless you have scrupulosity.  If you have scrupulosity, you need to tell your confessor that and then do exactly as he says.
this page left intentionally blank

james03

QuoteIs mentioning your state in life strictly necessary in confession?

Yes.  Which means all of your confessions were invalid and you are going to hell.
Do you think if this were required your confessor would have asked?

QuoteIf you have scrupulosity, you need to tell your confessor that and then do exactly as he says.
She has scruples.

Sweetheart, you are needlessly suffering.  You posted earlier that you had therapy.  Please combine that with help from a good priest.  None of us here go around dreading that God has set traps for us.  I can't even imagine what that would be like.  Get help, accept The GOOD news, and have joy and peace in your life.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"