Author Topic: Archbishop apologises for steamy video filmed in Spanish cathedral  (Read 723 times)

Offline Munera tibi Domine

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: R.C.
Generally, the Spanish Hierarchy is resolutely composed of Modernists, so this story just fits the picture I guess.

WARNING
(Some may feel it is inappropriate to view the video recording mentioned in the report, which is presented here for evidential purposes only)

"Archbishop apologises for steamy video filmed in Spanish cathedral
Video shows rapper C Tangana and singer Nathy Peluso grind against each other inside Toledo Cathedral

The archbishop of Toledo has apologised to offended Roman Catholics after one of Spain’s most famous cathedrals was used as a location for a raunchy video that shows a couple grinding against each other in its hallowed precincts.

The video for Ateo (Atheist) features the Spanish rapper C Tangana and the Argentinian singer Nathy Peluso dancing steamily in Toledo’s 13th-century cathedral, much to the fascination of onlookers, among them a priest.

Elsewhere in the video, a naked but partially pixelated Peluso holds aloft C Tangana’s severed head, and he yanks her hair. The pulling of Peluso’s hair is an echo of one of the paintings inside the cathedral, which shows a demon pulling a woman’s hair to stop her reaching salvation. The painting is also used as the song’s artwork.

Within hours of the video dropping on Friday morning, the cathedral authorities were being asked to explain exactly how a racy video for a song with a less than religious title had come to be filmed in the splendid gothic cathedral.

In a statement issued late on Friday afternoon, the archdiocese of Toledo said the archbishop “deeply regretted what had happened” and had known nothing whatsoever about the project, its contents, or the final result.

“We humbly and sincerely ask for the forgiveness of all the faithful, whether lay people or priests, who have rightly felt wounded by this inappropriate use of a sacred place,” said the statement. The archdiocese, it added, would be revising its procedures to “ensure that nothing similar happens again”.

The statement came after the cathedral’s dean had acknowledged the reaction the video had prompted, but insisted both it and the song presented “the story of a conversion through human love”.

Juan Miguel Ferrer Grenesche cited the song’s chorus, which runs: “I was an atheist, but now I believe, because a miracle like you has to have come down from heaven.”

The dean admitted the video used “a provocative visual language”, but said it did not insult anyone’s faith and could even help bring back those who had drifted away from the church. “We’re sorry that some people may have been upset. We ask forgiveness for hurting their feelings. The aim was only ever to support a dialogue with contemporary culture while always respecting the faith of the church.”

The dean also said that the final scenes of the video, in which the singers pose for photographs with an altar boy, showed the church’s “welcoming and understanding” attitude.

In August, C Tangana was accused of sexism after posting a picture of himself surrounded by women in bikinis to promote his song Yate (Yacht). He responded by posting the same picture, but superimposing his own head on those of the women. The rapper replaced his own head with that of the singer Zahara, who was recently criticised by the far-right Vox party for dressing as the Virgin Mary in posters for a concert in Toledo."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/08/archbishop-apologises-for-steamy-video-filmed-in-spanish-cathedral

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Trad Catholic
Re: Archbishop apologises for steamy video filmed in Spanish cathedral
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 08:41:04 AM »
I stopped caring what these clowns do 15 years ago.

They are not the same religion as me so what does it matter?

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste, Lynne, GiftOfGod

Offline clau clau

• My other bike is a Pinarello
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Traditionalist videogamer - I only play 8-bit video games
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 09:36:33 AM »
A public scandal deserve a public apology.  I think a fitting sentence would be a repeat performance in the Plaza de Toros de Toledo (with the bull present)

(edit: The colour of the lady's clothing should make it interesting)

Carmen, Act II: Votre toast, "Toreador Song"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 07:43:12 AM by clau clau »
Would you like to shake hands with Pope 1 or Pope 2 -
 me (inspired by Dr Seuss) see: https://seuss.fandom.com/wiki/Thing_One_and_Thing_Two

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.

Offline Obrien

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 01:29:37 PM »
I noticed the Archbishop didn't publicly ask for God's forgiveness or mention how God was offended.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Christina_S, GiftOfGod

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 03:33:14 PM »
It's better than an earlier line that it was an invite from the cathedral canons, nothing to do with the Archbishop. Given their lack of reverence, it isn't clear men like him or Francis have much belief.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline Tennessean

• Korporal
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 10:05:06 AM »
I noticed the Archbishop didn't publicly ask for God's forgiveness or mention how God was offended.
Why would he? They don't believe in God.

The following users thanked this post: GiftOfGod

Offline Christina_S

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Sub tuum praesidium
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 01:53:25 PM »
I stopped caring what these clowns do 15 years ago.

They are not the same religion as me so what does it matter?
See, I get where you're coming from and I understand why that's your conclusion, but I don't think it's right.

Whenever I hear "archbishop" or "conference of bishops" at the beginning of a headline, I grimace at what's going to follow. I can't stand the lot of them. I'm pretty peeved about their inclusion of "the people on the margins" and exclusion of Almighty God. They do not practise or pass on the faith that's been handed down to them, and yet, they are still the successors of the apostles. They're "as useless as Biden in a press conference" (now I forget if it was you, or Prayerful, or ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez, or someone else that I have to thank for that ingenious line), and in some cases, they're even detrimental to the Faith, but they still hold the keys.

I know there's corruption from the man at the top down to the Susan on every parish council, but that doesn't mean we can say that the Catholic Church is no longer the Catholic Church. Don't get me wrong, I want to see these guys go down just as much as my metaphorical SSPX neighbor; Divine Justice will take care of that one. We just can't explain it as "They're not Catholic, but I am." It's denying an invisible reality, which is that there a lot of extremely bad men currently occupying the apostles' seats.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband!
Latest posts: - The Woman Is the Heart of the Home
- A Brief History of Residential Schools
- The Foolish Communicant

https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 02:37:53 PM »
They do not practise or pass on the faith that's been handed down to them, and yet, they are still the successors of the apostles.

I don't believe they are successors of the apostles.  You are not just talking about weak men here.  They are knowingly corrupt, apostate and in direct opposition to the Church established by Christ.  There is no rational way they can believe anything but that.  They admit, that the Church is not protected or holy and they want to align it with the world.  I am only judging them by their own admissions.

Just as I don't believe that Biden is the President of the United States, because the voting was rigged and Biden knew it.

These pretend "Bishops" are just as corrupt as Biden.  Neither are legitimate and that is why the world is in such a terrible mess.

The following users thanked this post: Frank, james03, Melkor

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 04:09:05 PM »
Christina_S, it's going to get much worse.  Shake the dust off your sandals and take care of yourself in a Trad chapel.  Leave the dead to bury the dead.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste

Offline Elizabeth.2

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 07:45:29 PM »

You are not just talking about weak men here.  They are knowingly corrupt, apostate and in direct opposition to the Church established by Christ.
I believe there are practicing warlocks and witches mingled into the Church, and that this cathedral should be avoided until it is Exorcised.

Defiling a 13th Century Cathedral is what warlocks do.  :censor:

Offline CaritasVeritate

• Hellebardier
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 09:04:53 PM »
I honestly think. Things like these should not be posted here, they could be an occasion to sin for someone else.. we should all avoid all things impure. Custody of the eyes 👀 be vigilant. Now go pray a hail Mary.

The following users thanked this post: GiftOfGod

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2021, 12:11:59 AM »
They do not practise or pass on the faith that's been handed down to them, and yet, they are still the successors of the apostles.

I don't believe they are successors of the apostles.  You are not just talking about weak men here.  They are knowingly corrupt, apostate and in direct opposition to the Church established by Christ.  There is no rational way they can believe anything but that.  They admit, that the Church is not protected or holy and they want to align it with the world.  I am only judging them by their own admissions.

Just as I don't believe that Biden is the President of the United States, because the voting was rigged and Biden knew it.

These pretend "Bishops" are just as corrupt as Biden.  Neither are legitimate and that is why the world is in such a terrible mess.
You had me until the election fraud conspiracy theory.

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2021, 04:44:03 AM »
You are ignorant if you think Joe Biden got more votes than Obama.  No way were people that motivated to vote for that geriatric.

Why stop the count?  I have watched many US elections and never saw the count stopped overnight.

There is tons of eveidence of voter fraud in addition to the fact that mail in ballots are an open invitation to fraud.

Sticking you on ignore.  You are either a troll, or autistic or plain contrary.  Would suggest others do likewise.  You add no value here.

The following users thanked this post: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Offline Christina_S

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Sub tuum praesidium
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2021, 10:18:11 AM »
Christina_S, it's going to get much worse.  Shake the dust off your sandals and take care of yourself in a Trad chapel.  Leave the dead to bury the dead.
I'm getting there; it's a process. Currently, I'm at an FSSP parish, which has all the advantages of being isolated and apart from the banal modern liturgies, but comes at the cost of being recognized by the local ordinary and subject to his whims. I can't bring myself to go to a church that is not in full communion with Rome, so for now, this is where we're stuck.

I know it's going to get worse, but that oddly gives me hope: as the battle lines are drawn, Catholics will be forced to take a side. They'll either enter where the gate is wide and go down with all of the wicked shepherds, or they'll take refuge in a trad parish and rebuild from within as persecution intensifies.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband!
Latest posts: - The Woman Is the Heart of the Home
- A Brief History of Residential Schools
- The Foolish Communicant

https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/

Offline Gardener

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 07:40:52 PM »
I'm getting there; it's a process. Currently, I'm at an FSSP parish, which has all the advantages of being isolated and apart from the banal modern liturgies, but comes at the cost of being recognized by the local ordinary and subject to his whims. I can't bring myself to go to a church that is not in full communion with Rome, so for now, this is where we're stuck.

I know it's going to get worse, but that oddly gives me hope: as the battle lines are drawn, Catholics will be forced to take a side. They'll either enter where the gate is wide and go down with all of the wicked shepherds, or they'll take refuge in a trad parish and rebuild from within as persecution intensifies.

Communion is binary. Partial Communion is a myth.
“The Modern Attack will not tolerate us. It will attempt to
destroy us. Nor can we tolerate it. We must attempt to destroy it as being the fully equipped and ardent enemy of the Truth by which men live. The duel is to the death.” - Hilaire Belloc, The Great Heresies