Fury Wilder III

Started by LausTibiChriste, October 05, 2021, 07:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximGun

https://findanyanswer.com/is-a-10-count-in-boxing-10-seconds

It is the referee's job to count not the clock's.

A US referee, judging a visiting fighter against a US opponent in Las Vegas.  Wilder can hardly claim the ref was biased.

Philip G.

Quote from: MaximGun on October 11, 2021, 04:32:45 PM
https://findanyanswer.com/is-a-10-count-in-boxing-10-seconds

It is the referee's job to count not the clock's.

A US referee, judging a visiting fighter against a US opponent in Las Vegas.  Wilder can hardly claim the ref was biased.

Wrong.  The ref gets the official time from an official ringside, which usually happens around second 4, which is why he started there, and then it is his job to count correctly from then on, which he clearly failed to do.  Refs can often be just as corrupt as any other official in the sport. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

andy

Quote from: Philip G. on October 11, 2021, 10:55:50 AM
If you look at the official fight time clock in the video, and you pause it at the exact spots, you will see fury's glove touches canvas at second 17, and does get up until second 6.  And, I am not convinced that even if the judge was counting correctly, Fury would have been able to beat the pace he got up at. 

I think it is some king of misconstruction that count down from 10 to 0 must be done in seconds. I am all for fights to continue if possible. A really knocked out never comes back like this.

MaximGun

They argue with umpires.  They cheer when they've won.

I bet you that the history of boxing is full of long counts.  Official rules of boxing are that it is a count of 10 by the ref.  Not by the the clock.

Fury was the better fighter on the night and the crowd got another 7 rounds of energetic entertainig  fighting.  Great call by the referee.

MaximGun

And by the way, rewatch Round 3.  Wilder got a very long count then.  So by your logic he had already lost before round 4 started.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: MaximGun on October 11, 2021, 11:11:53 PM
And by the way, rewatch Round 3.  Wilder got a very long count then.  So by your logic he had already lost before round 4 started.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

Quote from: MaximGun on October 11, 2021, 09:26:45 PM
They argue with umpires.  They cheer when they've won.

I bet you that the history of boxing is full of long counts.  Official rules of boxing are that it is a count of 10 by the ref.  Not by the the clock.

Fury was the better fighter on the night and the crowd got another 7 rounds of energetic entertainig  fighting.  Great call by the referee.

The Long Count Fight: Dempsey vs Tunney in 1927.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

MaximGun

Philip G

It was not a long count.  Rules of boxing state.

"When a knockdown occurs, the downed boxer's opponent shall go to the furthest neutral corner and remain there while the count is being made. The referee shall stop counting if the opponent fails to go to the neutral corner, and resume the count where he/she left off when the opponents reports to or returns to the neutral corner".

In round 4 on the second knock down Wilder is clearly wandering away from the neutral corner white even though the referee grabs his wrist and points for him to go there the white corner.  Therefore ACCORDING TO THE RULES OF BOXING, the referee is perfectly entitled to stop or delay the counting.

See at 42 second, video evidence, you have no argument.  It is clear.

Tennessean

Quote from: Philip G. on October 10, 2021, 09:27:44 PMHe may be a better fighter, but he is not likeable, that is for sure.
None of them are likable. They're all millionaire performing artists off in their own little world.

Heinrich

Quote from: Tennessean on October 13, 2021, 10:45:41 PM
Quote from: Philip G. on October 10, 2021, 09:27:44 PMHe may be a better fighter, but he is not likeable, that is for sure.
None of them are likable. They're all millionaire performing artists off in their own little world.

Fury donated his Wilder 2 earnings to charity. 8 million US smackers.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

MaximGun

I like Fury.  He comes across as a man who has overcome a terrible battle and is happy in his own skin and ready to take life as it comes.

He seems well aware of his own mortality and does not care much about what the world thinks of him.  That is a virtue today.

I love the way he grabs the microphone and sings songs in the ring afterwards and I love the way he appears to enjoy himself in the ring when he is boxing.  He treats it like a hobby rather than a deadly serious business, like Mayweather for example.

I find him very entertaining and far more appealing to listen to than the typical novus ordo priest.  Given he is a boxer, that is not bad.

Is he mentally unhinged?  Of course.  Who would be a professional boxer otherwise?  If you are expecting a man of erudition and letters you are in the wrong place.  He has been punched in the head many many times.

Tennessean

Quote from: Heinrich on October 14, 2021, 07:53:29 AM
Quote from: Tennessean on October 13, 2021, 10:45:41 PM
Fury donated his Wilder 2 earnings to charity. 8 million US smackers.
Charities have a nice big overhead, but I guess its the thought that counts.