How to be poor?

Started by Gardener, September 11, 2021, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 01:12:23 PM
The upper class gets its money at least in part through low skilled workers, tax loopholes, government subsidizing, and investment banking, all four easily falling into one or the other relevant category of sins that cry to heaven for vengeance, which in this case are "defrauding the laborer of his wages, and oppression of the poor".

And you would condemn the ones who give their riches to the Church.  What is this if not envy?
this page left intentionally blank

diaduit

Nicodemus bought something like 100lbs of very expensive balm for Jesus being buried which was usually only done for royal burials.  St Joseph of Arimathea donated his tomb.  Both wealthy men and are saints in heaven.

There is no shame in being wealthy nor is there any shame being poor.

Melkor

Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 12:04:22 PM
  I don't own shiny shoes, ironed pants, or a coat and a tie. 

So you show up to Mass in shorts and a t-shirt? Oh wait, you go to the NO. Makes sense now.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Philip G.

Quote from: diaduit on October 02, 2021, 04:05:01 PM
Nicodemus bought something like 100lbs of very expensive balm for Jesus being buried which was usually only done for royal burials.  St Joseph of Arimathea donated his tomb.  Both wealthy men and are saints in heaven.

It is easier for a camel to enter through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter into heaven. 

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Philip G.

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 02, 2021, 01:31:06 PM
Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 01:12:23 PM
The upper class gets its money at least in part through low skilled workers, tax loopholes, government subsidizing, and investment banking, all four easily falling into one or the other relevant category of sins that cry to heaven for vengeance, which in this case are "defrauding the laborer of his wages, and oppression of the poor".

And you would condemn the ones who give their riches to the Church.  What is this if not envy?

I recall from butlers lives of a the saints, a brother monk, who was commissioned to go out into the village to collect alms for the monastery.  Every day, he would pass by a certain house, and not seek alms from that person/household, but seek alms from the neighboring houses.  That same person passed over went and complained to the abbot that this brother monk would not seek alms from his house.  The abbot commanded the monk to do so the next time he went out to collect alms.  The brother monk obeyed the abbot, and received the alms from the house/person in question.  And, when the brother monk arrived back at the monastery to deliver the alms, if I remember correctly, the money bag was filled with blood from the alms received by that household/person. 

I am not condemning the wealthy citizens who are trying to buy their way into heaven at the hands of trad priests worldwide.  No, I am condemning the trad priests who not only accept, but actually seek this bloody money, no differently than how I condemn politician's who accept/seek the bloody money of special interest donors.  There is no difference.  This bloody money has resulted in a low culture, and a high church.  No thanks.  I will take my pride with me.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Philip G.

Quote from: Melkor on October 02, 2021, 04:16:55 PM

So you show up to Mass in shorts and a t-shirt? Oh wait, you go to the NO. Makes sense now.

There is infinitely more merit to be gained assisting at an otherwise normal(not in our times currently) novus ordo mass than there is getting drunk and/or gambling.  And, I don't think I have ever worn shorts to mass.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 09:28:07 PM

There is infinitely more merit to be gained assisting at an otherwise normal(not in our times currently) novus ordo mass than there is getting drunk and/or gambling.  And, I don't think I have ever worn shorts to mass.

My experience is limited, but I have never seen anyone get drunk or gamble at a TLM.

Heinrich

Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 09:11:17 PM

It is easier for a camel to enter through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter into heaven.

You sound  like my mother in law.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Philip G.

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 02, 2021, 09:36:42 PM
Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 09:28:07 PM

My experience is limited, but I have never seen anyone get drunk or gamble at a TLM.

Members of this forum are now dumber for having read your post. 

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Heinrich on October 03, 2021, 12:36:39 PM
Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 09:11:17 PM

You sound  like my mother in law.