London based sales demonstrator role

Started by Greg, January 24, 2018, 03:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I have a cloud software client looking for a London based salesperson.  Basic salary 70,000 GBP, double that OTE.  The job is unusual, but this might suit some personalities.  It's not a hard sell.

Appointments are set for you.  You have a pipeline of about 20-30 Webdemos, set 2 weeks out and new ones constantly added by an SDR team.  They have no problems arranging these because the vendor is solving a problem for senior tax accountants and CFOs, for less money (thanks to the Cloud architecture it is cheaper and better).  You do one demo/sale in the morning and one in the afternoon every day from a London office.  The rest of the time you type notes into CRM, write sales proposals.  Organisation and timeliness of those notes is important.  Directors analyse the pipeline religiously.  So tidy desk people, who keep up with paperwork and file forms on time, likely to fit well here.

I would fail because I am messy.  My wife would be the top salesperson.

The topic (corporate tax) is esoteric and niche so they don't need you to have accounting or corp tax knowledge.  They can teach you what you need to know in 2-4 weeks.  What they need are articulate demonstrators who can navigate a product on-line (the kind of thing a good pre-sales person does).  Interviews are next week in London with the CEO.

Colleague of mine has worked there for a few months and very positive about directors.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

This firm is doing very well.  Just saw sales pipeline today.  All the salespeople are getting sales.  Remarkable opportunity.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Greg

Nope.  Just Philiadelphia PA and New York and Silicon Valley.

If firms are in Denver it is because you have some type of Ski or mountain climbing CEO founder who is selling a cloud service and does not mind salespeople constantly travelling.  It happens but it is rare. Problem with AI is that you need between 5 and 100 clever maths and stats people and developers and getting them in Denver is more difficult than other locations.

I'm exclusively focused on Machine Learning, AI and Data Science now so not even selling the banking and risk/regulatory software any longer.