Public School? Private School? Your experiences & what you'd choose

Started by GaudeMariaVirgo, May 21, 2023, 08:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

Quote from: james03 on May 25, 2023, 10:01:18 AM
QuoteThis was all done under the banner of programs like "emotional intelligence", "social awareness," and similar terms.

Almost seems like with your experience you have enough material to do a post on this topic.  As in, how the poison of Marxism is injected.

Thank you. Maybe I will, but first I would just recommend that people listen to James Lindsay. He is a liberal and an atheist, but there is no one more capable at describing what is happening (and has happened) in education than him. He has a ten part series called "the theft of education" or something like that. I would not say anything that he has not already said.
I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

Kent

Also, OP, bear in mind that a Marxist education is not just being educated in a particular worldview. Marxists value praxis above all, which is the marriage of theory and practice. In fact, for many Marxists, there is not really much of a difference between theory and practice-- you have the theory right if you're out in the streets wearing bondage gear or throwing bricks through coffee shops. And they (the Marxist educators) could care less if your child is able to write a compelling essay describing and defending Marxist theory. Most of the educators can't even do that. What's at stake isn't whether or not your child ends up with a more favorable view than they should of Marx, Lenin, or Mao.

What's at stake is that the pedagogical methods used in Marxist education are explicitly designed to psychologically destabilize your child so that they are useful agitators for the revolution.

Let me give you an example. Ever wonder why there is so much pedophilia (including but not limited to "transing the kids", which is a form of pedophilia) in schools today? Guess what, it has very little to do with the grown ups just wanting to diddle kids. The goal of Marxist education is to create classes of people who are susceptible to mass manipulation (COVID anyone?). The way you do this is by psychologically destabilizing them, taking away any genuine sense of identity, and making them reliant on experts/the state rather than themselves.

It just so happens that there is no better way to psychologically destabilize someone than to ruin their sexual innocence at a young age. It just so happens that there is no better way to take away someone's identity than by harrassing them for being "white" and convincing them the only way they can matter is if they join an "oppressed" minority group, like trannies. And if they become trannies they are married to the medico-political industry for life because they are walking around with open wounds between their legs and require a steady stream of hormones that their body will not create on its own.

Admittedly, the pedophile/trans stuff is on the more extreme side of what education and educators do to create agitated, hopeless, dependent rabble-rousers. But its illustrative of the point: being educated by Marxists and having a Marxist education is not about simply taking on a different worldview than non-Marxists. Principally, it is about undergoing a very carefully designed system of psychological manipulation and destabilization that creates graduates who have unstable identities, who are wracked with fear, anxiety, resentment, and jealousy, and who are just waiting for someone to point them in the direction of what needs to be ruined in order for their happiness to start.

I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

GaudeMariaVirgo

You all are giving us a lot to think about!

Heinrich, do you think math/STEM is overemphasized in contemporary education, especially in the younger grades? I do notice a push (especially with Common Core) to teach advanced math concepts/"mathematical thinking" to younger and younger kids, and am trying to figure out if that's necessary or not.

Heinrich

Quote from: GaudeMariaVirgo on May 25, 2023, 07:15:35 PMYou all are giving us a lot to think about!

Heinrich, do you think math/STEM is overemphasized in contemporary education, especially in the younger grades? I do notice a push (especially with Common Core) to teach advanced math concepts/"mathematical thinking" to younger and younger kids, and am trying to figure out if that's necessary or not.

Yup. Totally inverted. Kids should be learning basics, basics, basics. No need to touch a computer until their ten+. They should have the ability to read 100 words a minute(12pt serif), write legible cursive and (almost) do long division before anything tech, which is normally 10yo. Ideally, kiddos need to have a musical foundation going as well. I would rather have my boys throwing a baseball and a good punch before being able to ,,log on."
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Greg

Fighting will be a skill of the future.

Civility is broken and getting worse.  The police are not going to be effective at stopping criminals and violence in public will increase.

All my children go to Krav Maga or boxing classes, (apart from the austistic one).

If I was in the USA I would not only have a gunk but I would train them to use it and be ready to kill and not panic in a firefight.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

TradGranny

Quote from: Kent on May 25, 2023, 10:31:23 AMAlso, OP, bear in mind that a Marxist education is not just being educated in a particular worldview. Marxists value praxis above all, which is the marriage of theory and practice. In fact, for many Marxists, there is not really much of a difference between theory and practice-- you have the theory right if you're out in the streets wearing bondage gear or throwing bricks through coffee shops. And they (the Marxist educators) could care less if your child is able to write a compelling essay describing and defending Marxist theory. Most of the educators can't even do that. What's at stake isn't whether or not your child ends up with a more favorable view than they should of Marx, Lenin, or Mao.

What's at stake is that the pedagogical methods used in Marxist education are explicitly designed to psychologically destabilize your child so that they are useful agitators for the revolution.

Let me give you an example. Ever wonder why there is so much pedophilia (including but not limited to "transing the kids", which is a form of pedophilia) in schools today? Guess what, it has very little to do with the grown ups just wanting to diddle kids. The goal of Marxist education is to create classes of people who are susceptible to mass manipulation (COVID anyone?). The way you do this is by psychologically destabilizing them, taking away any genuine sense of identity, and making them reliant on experts/the state rather than themselves.

It just so happens that there is no better way to psychologically destabilize someone than to ruin their sexual innocence at a young age. It just so happens that there is no better way to take away someone's identity than by harrassing them for being "white" and convincing them the only way they can matter is if they join an "oppressed" minority group, like trannies. And if they become trannies they are married to the medico-political industry for life because they are walking around with open wounds between their legs and require a steady stream of hormones that their body will not create on its own.

Admittedly, the pedophile/trans stuff is on the more extreme side of what education and educators do to create agitated, hopeless, dependent rabble-rousers. But its illustrative of the point: being educated by Marxists and having a Marxist education is not about simply taking on a different worldview than non-Marxists. Principally, it is about undergoing a very carefully designed system of psychological manipulation and destabilization that creates graduates who have unstable identities, who are wracked with fear, anxiety, resentment, and jealousy, and who are just waiting for someone to point them in the direction of what needs to be ruined in order for their happiness to start.

Wow! Thank you,
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Greg

Round 1 and Round 2 boxing in a bar in Thailand.

Removed his head guard for Round 2 as was blocking his vision.  My 18 year old is in the blue shorts.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

What the hell! I wanted the whole fight. Anyway, his footwork shows he's been trained right and is teachable. If I may, talk to his coach about conserving energy. He flailed a bit unnecessarily.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

My wife is a public school teacher. We will likely have our child enrolled in whatever school she works at.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."