Protestant Churches Are Also True Churches

Started by Howard Kopsho, January 24, 2019, 05:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard Kopsho

Protestant Churches are also true churches because they worship Jesus as God, which is what constitutes a true church.

Stefano

I refuse to believe that this is not a troll account.

John Lamb

What constitutes a true church is the perpetuation of apostolic succession and full participation in the sacramental economy of grace, both of which protestant communities lack rendering them not true churches.
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

Gardener

Quote from: Howard Kopsho on January 24, 2019, 05:55:23 AM
Protestant Churches are also true churches because they worship Jesus as God, which is what constitutes a true church.

This is not the teaching of the Church.

To be called a Church, properly, they have to have Apostolic succession.

They are communities, but not churches.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/pope-other-christian-denominations-not-true-churches
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Howard Kopsho

Quote from: John Lamb on January 24, 2019, 08:30:12 AM
What constitutes a true church is the perpetuation of apostolic succession and full participation in the sacramental economy of grace, both of which protestant communities lack rendering them not true churches.
That is doctrine from the pit of Hell. I sure would hate to be you when you pass away and stand before Jesus and are tossed into Hell for all eternity for not trusting in Jesus alone for salvation.

Gardener

Quote from: Howard Kopsho on January 24, 2019, 11:53:43 AM
That is doctrine from the pit of Hell. I sure would hate to be you when you pass away and stand before Jesus and are tossed into Hell for all eternity for not trusting in Jesus alone for salvation.

Ok, you're definitely not Catholic.

So what's the deal:

Actually a Baptist? Atheist? Someone else who has an account here and just trolling?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Howard Kopsho

Quote from: Gardener on January 24, 2019, 12:14:16 PM
Quote from: Howard Kopsho on January 24, 2019, 11:53:43 AM

Ok, you're definitely not Catholic.

So what's the deal:

Actually a Baptist? Atheist? Someone else who has an account here and just trolling?
Oh for the love of. I am a Baptized Catholic who attends Saturday Vigil Mass every Saturday at my Catholic parish. Are you totally lacking comprehension abilities or what? You must because you keep stating that I am Catholic even though I keep stating I am a Baptized Catholic.

Jacob

Quote from: Howard Kopsho on January 24, 2019, 12:26:24 PM
Oh for the love of. I am a Baptized Catholic who attends Saturday Vigil Mass every Saturday at my Catholic parish. Are you totally lacking comprehension abilities or what? You must because you keep stating that I am Catholic even though I keep stating I am a Baptized Catholic.

Okay, you're an apostatized Baptized Catholic.  Better?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Gardener

You deny the Faith, therefore you are not Catholic.

Why would you adhere to a visible organization that you believe has doctrines from the pit of Hell?

Howard Kopsho

Quote from: Gardener on January 24, 2019, 12:30:27 PM
You deny the Faith, therefore you are not Catholic.

Why would you adhere to a visible organization that you believe has doctrines from the pit of Hell?
I was Baptized Catholic when I was a month old, I like the liturgical worship and I believe there are scriptural Catholic doctrines.

Gardener

There are scriptural Jewish doctrines as well. Why do you not go to synagogue?

There are scriptural Islamic doctrines. Do you go to masjid (mosque)?

TheReturnofLive

My guess is that this guy is a Liberal Catholic who beliieves that Traditionalists as the spawn of Satan, and goes out of their way to try to prove the point through exaggerated caricatures of conservatism, and provoking "harsh" reactions through statements which are incredibly Liberal, or he's mentally ill.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

TheReturnofLive

I don't mean mental illness as an insult, as I had clinical depression in the past, and still struggle with some of the symptoms of it, but

I was a member of orthodoxchristianity.net's forum (before losing my account and being unable to create a new one), and on that forum there is a poster by the name of "WPM," who is an Oriental Orthodox member with schizophrenia, and his posts would either be unintelligible, or would shift drastically from extremes in ideology. One day he would say he was a Lutheran with Luther's rose as his profile picture, claiming that the Orthodox and Catholics are Pharisees, and the next day he would say he's Russian Orthodox, where he would say that the Catholics are Papist heretics who use dead bread, and the next day he would say that he watches Aron Ra's videos and rejects any idea of Creationism.

The sheer shifting of ideology of this account seems to suggest irrationality (which, we are all irrational to an extent).
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Howard Kopsho

Quote from: TheReturnofLive on January 24, 2019, 12:51:37 PM
My guess is that this guy is a Liberal Catholic who beliieves that Traditionalists as the spawn of Satan, and goes out of their way to try to prove the point through exaggerated caricatures of conservatism, and provoking "harsh" reactions through statements which are incredibly Liberal, or he's mentally ill.
I am not a Liberal Catholic but am a Conservative Catholic Republican who is against abortion, homosexuality and artificial birth control.

MilesChristi

Do you believe in what the Catholic Church teaches whole and entire?

If not, you are a heretic.

I might as well call myself a Muslim because I believe in one God and like women from the Levant
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.