Ad-nouncement (See what I did there?)

Started by Kaesekopf, January 24, 2013, 08:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Forum!
I wanted to make sure you all knew what was up.

At the bottom of every page, I have inserted an Amazon web banner.  If you use this banner as the reference for your shopping (if you click it and then go buy something via that click [like, you click it, search for 'super cute ankle-length denim jumper' and buy it]), SD will get some small percentage of the sale. 

Some students were interested in helping out the forum, and since textbooks cost an arm and a leg, y'all thought I could gain a thumb to help offset the costs of running this place.

This is the ONLY advertisement I have on the forum.  For the near and intermediate future, this is the only ad that will be on the forum.  If you want to use it, feel free.  If not, that's cool.  If you want to use AdBlocker+ to hide it, feel free to do so.  :)

Thanks!
Kaese
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Archer

Just out of curiosity how do you pay for the forum? Would donations help? Will you in the future need monetary assistance?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

PatrickG

I'll have to make use of it for the next consignment of Catholic books!

trentcath

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 24, 2013, 08:22:17 PM
Forum!
I wanted to make sure you all knew what was up.

At the bottom of every page, I have inserted an Amazon web banner.  If you use this banner as the reference for your shopping (if you click it and then go buy something via that click [like, you click it, search for 'super cute ankle-length denim jumper' and buy it]), SD will get some small percentage of the sale. 

Some students were interested in helping out the forum, and since textbooks cost an arm and a leg, y'all thought I could gain a thumb to help offset the costs of running this place.

This is the ONLY advertisement I have on the forum.  For the near and intermediate future, this is the only ad that will be on the forum.  If you want to use it, feel free.  If not, that's cool.  If you want to use AdBlocker+ to hide it, feel free to do so.  :)

Thanks!
Kaese

Now we just need a uk one :P

Kaesekopf

Quote from: trentcath on February 13, 2013, 08:29:32 AM

:lol:

I'm not sure Amazon does that?  But, that's ok.  I'll just presume you'll pray for me (and the forum)!  ;)

trentcath

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 19, 2013, 09:25:05 AM
Quote from: trentcath on February 13, 2013, 08:29:32 AM

:lol:

I'm not sure Amazon does that?  But, that's ok.  I'll just presume you'll pray for me (and the forum)!  ;)

well there is an amazon.co.uk , no idea if it does the percentage of sales thing though
and I'll try to remember :p

Kaesekopf

I think I'm going to take this down and figure out some way to have the ad there but not be a giant banner. Lol.

kayla_veronica

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 09, 2013, 09:10:28 AM
I think I'm going to take this down and figure out some way to have the ad there but not be a giant banner. Lol.

It doesn't look giant to me, I didn't notice it until I saw this thread.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: kayla_veronica on March 09, 2013, 09:19:30 AM

Oh, haha.  It's giant to me.  And it looks out-of-place.  And I don't like it.  Plus, no one has used it lol. 

kayla_veronica

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 09, 2013, 09:22:41 AM
Quote from: kayla_veronica on March 09, 2013, 09:19:30 AM

Oh, haha.  It's giant to me.  And it looks out-of-place.  And I don't like it.  Plus, no one has used it lol.

oh, haha I thought this was a new post....yeah that's a long time for no one to have used it.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Kaesekopf

Yeah, haha.  I took it down.

If people want to do the Amazon thing, let me know.