What's Worse? Women Or Transgenders In Sport?

Started by Innocent Smith, November 12, 2019, 02:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kreuzritter

Quote from: Maximilian on November 12, 2019, 12:59:12 PM
4. "Teammanship" is a masculine thing that spurs testosterone. It's not natural for girls.

Natural biological production of a natural hormone is now not "natural"? Or just the teammanship? Then again, there is redundancy here. Sometimes women do need to cooperate and lead a group.

Maximilian

Quote from: queen.saints on November 12, 2019, 09:41:45 AM

"Making boys feel good about themselves." Yes, exactly. This is one of the many benefits of boys playing sports. Brothers being cheered on by their sisters, far from nurturing resentment, nurtures familial affection. What nurtures resentment is the attitude that there needs to be an "equivalent" supplied for every good enjoyed by one sibling that cannot be enjoyed by another, rather than an attitude of being happy for others.

One of the SSPX seminarians in Virginia at the moment was an all-Ireland hurling champion before he joined the seminary, another was a high school state football champion. There's a former Manchester United professional soccer player who's now a priest and trying to revive the traditional Dominican-rite in the Indult. Athletics were a perfectly healthy aspiration for these men that lead them to even higher aspirations.

Yes, good points. And what your examples point out is that we cannot revive the Church with effeminate priests. We need strong, masculine men like the ones that you describe to be leaders of the faithful.

Maximilian

Quote from: Kreuzritter on November 12, 2019, 01:23:45 PM
4. "Teammanship" is a masculine thing that spurs testosterone. It's not natural for girls.

Natural biological production of a natural hormone is now not "natural"?

For girls to imitate boys, and thereby stimulate production of masculine hormones, is not natural. It makes them unfit to conceive and give birth. Just as in reverse it is not natural for boys to dress themselves in female clothes that stimulate production of female hormones.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3094813/Mothers-losing-ability-birth-naturally-breastfeed-babies-claims-doctor-blames-rise-C-sections-use-drugs.html

Women are losing their power to give birth naturally by relying on caesareans and other interventions, according to a renowned medical expert.

Dr Odent, 85, formerly head of the surgical and maternity units at Pithiviers hospital in Northern France, said: 'To me it demonstrates the obvious — that women are losing the capacity to give birth.

'That is the primary phenomenon . . . the number of women who give birth to babies naturally is becoming insignificant.

'I believe that the human oxytocin system — oxytocin being the hormone of love, fundamental to birth and bonding, even in adulthood — is growing weaker.'

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Maximilian on November 12, 2019, 01:35:30 PM
Quote from: Kreuzritter on November 12, 2019, 01:23:45 PM

Natural biological production of a natural hormone is now not "natural"?

For girls to imitate boys, and thereby stimulate production of masculine hormones, is not natural. It makes them unfit to conceive and give birth. Just as in reverse it is not natural for boys to dress themselves in female clothes that stimulate production of female hormones.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3094813/Mothers-losing-ability-birth-naturally-breastfeed-babies-claims-doctor-blames-rise-C-sections-use-drugs.html

Women are losing their power to give birth naturally by relying on caesareans and other interventions, according to a renowned medical expert.

Dr Odent, 85, formerly head of the surgical and maternity units at Pithiviers hospital in Northern France, said: 'To me it demonstrates the obvious — that women are losing the capacity to give birth.

'That is the primary phenomenon . . . the number of women who give birth to babies naturally is becoming insignificant.

'I believe that the human oxytocin system — oxytocin being the hormone of love, fundamental to birth and bonding, even in adulthood — is growing weaker.'

Testosterone levels are also falling.  Men and women are increasingly having fertility and reproduction problems more caused by the over-consumption of antinutrient laden, nutritionally deficient plant foods and the under consumption of foods derived from animals which contain the nutrients and essential amino acids necessary for hormone health. The Standard American Diet, which is also the Standard Western Diet, contains half as much animal foods as in the 1960s.

Plant foods like soya contain phytoestrogens which mimic estrogen.  If a boy or a man consumes soya products, he is also consuming these substances.  These have also been reported to disrupt ovary functioning in women.  Plant foods in general contain antinutrients which disrupt digestion and mess with the thyroid.  Then there is the simple fact that plant foods are deficient in very nutrients that are required for fully functioning human health.

The push away from strength and vigour giving meat and saturated animal fat is backed by all the agencies  - the UN, the WHO, all the governments particularly in the West and all the medical professional bodies.  And if these organisations are pushing something, is it not wise to question it?

You want to increase testosterone levels in boys and men and increase the reproductive health of women and girls?  Stop eating the corporate, new world order diet and adopt a traditional diet instead.

Trads need trad diets.  And so does everyone else.

And never eat soya.

And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Maximilian on November 12, 2019, 01:08:00 PM
Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 12, 2019, 07:43:41 AM

Oh...is it because she is cheering on boys, and making them feel good about themselves...? Got it...

Sarcasm is not an argument. Women are created by God to be helpmates to men. Girls who are cheering for boys and "making them feel good about themselves" are preparing themselves for their life's vocation.

Not as part of highschool or professional cheerleading teams, though.

It's one thing to root from the stands anonymously, that's morally neutral. It's another thing to dress up in miniskirts and dance in a sexually suggestive manner for everyone to see. The latter is spiritually unwholesome.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Maximilian

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on November 12, 2019, 02:11:05 PM

Testosterone levels are also falling. 

Yes, this is true. Both men and women are suffering from messed-up hormones caused by living in a society that encourages them to be androgynous creatures.

Men and women are increasingly having fertility and reproduction problems more caused by the over-consumption of antinutrient laden, nutritionally deficient plant foods and the under consumption of foods derived from animals which contain the nutrients and essential amino acids necessary for hormone health. The Standard American Diet, which is also the Standard Western Diet, contains half as much animal foods as in the 1960s.

Interesting theory.

The push away from strength and vigour giving meat and saturated animal fat is backed by all the agencies  - the UN, the WHO, all the governments particularly in the West and all the medical professional bodies.  And if these organisations are pushing something, is it not wise to question it?

One would have to suspect an agenda with ulterior motives.

You want to increase testosterone levels in boys and men and increase the reproductive health of women and girls?  Stop eating the corporate, new world order diet and adopt a traditional diet instead.

You can start with Weston Price.

https://www.westonaprice.org/

Maximilian

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on November 12, 2019, 02:13:09 PM

Oh...is it because she is cheering on boys, and making them feel good about themselves...? Got it...

Sarcasm is not an argument. Women are created by God to be helpmates to men. Girls who are cheering for boys and "making them feel good about themselves" are preparing themselves for their life's vocation.

Not as part of highschool or professional cheerleading teams, though.

It's one thing to root from the stands anonymously, that's morally neutral. It's another thing to dress up in miniskirts and dance in a sexually suggestive manner for everyone to see. The latter is spiritually unwholesome.

Right, that's what I had in mind.

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: queen.saints on November 12, 2019, 09:41:45 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on November 12, 2019, 02:41:41 AM
So the conservative Catholic media outlet Church Militant is concerned with young men born XY competing in girl's sport at the high school and college level. Why?

I think it's great that the trannies are wrecking this for women as women should not be competing in team sports that mimic what were  traditionally known as male or individual sports like wrestling that were once the exclusive domain of boys and men. Nor do I think it right that girls sometimes make it on to the boy's football teams. We've had a number of girls do that at our local high school over the years.

One of the biggest concerns by the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) in the recent article at Church Militant is the following:

Quote"It will deny women and girls fair opportunities to compete in sports, to ascend to the winner's podium, and to receive critical scholarship."

Good I say. Women shouldn't be getting scholarships for competing in sports and neither should any male that is in a sport that doesn't produce revenue for the school. Why should normal students, you know the ones paying full price to receive an education, be subsidizing non-revenue producing sport? Tuition is high enough.

What happened to parents instructing young women in things like home economics? I would think most Catholics would value a girl being able to mend socks, sew a button, and cook than head a soccer ball into a goal. Wouldn't you?

Wouldn't it also make sense that girls imitating boys in sports activities were the original gender-benders? I say turnabout is fair play!

Girls should be supporting boys in sports by attending games and cheering for them. Then they may have a chance of becoming suitable wives one day rather than competing with their husbands in other areas and learning to provide nurturing environments in their future homes for their families.

What is also delicious about this "problem" is that it took women having the vote for these issues to come home to roost in the first place. To quote Cardinal Dolan one time talking about a football player who came out as a homosexual I say, "bravo!".

Either way, I think this topic should be of far greater concern to Traditional Catholics than women wearing pants.

Don't you?

Here is a link to the article.

POLL: AMERICANS OPPOSE TRANSGENDERS IN SPORTS

But the conservative Catholic media outlet Church Militant thinks transgenders are stealing from women. I don't think they thought this one through too well. Do you?

First bold segment. According to this logic men should only be taught how to make a wage, build a house, and raise animals..whatever. Playing sports was a male occupation because it was developed and encouraged as an actual study of war. It was study for their job. Grown boys and men running around playing sports now is purely recreational, so do not equate a girl preparing for a vocation to boys playing games.

Studies show that even simple activities like lifting heavy objects boost testosterone enormously. When boys engage in masculine activities like sports and thus become more masculine themselves, they are absolutely preparing for their vocation which will necessarily be masculine as well.

Second bold point. Absolutely NOT.This is a big problem for a few reasons. One, there is a modesty concern. Two, if it is not intellectually appropriate for a women to play sports because wanting to win will make her masculine and ruin her gentle nature ( I am paraphrasing from previous threads on this topic) than how can it be intellectually appropriate to want to see a win, want to see the other team defeated, etc. Oh...is it because she is cheering on boys, and making them feel good about themselves...? Got it...
This is also a problem for family life. You get junior playing sports, he goes to practice a few nights a week, special gear, blah blah, and then the whole family and of course the girls, come to cheer and watch and praise. What female equivalent is there for the girls in the family? When is the whole family going to sit and cheer for the daughter weekend after weekend. Not only does this imbalance nurture sibling resentment, (brother is a boy therefor he gets to do fun stuff and mom and dad cheer him on and act like he is amazing...I get to do nothing and nobody cheers for me ever) but it builds up sports and athletics as a goal to which young trad boys should aspire. Do we want that? Do you want our boys aiming to be NFL players or what have you?

"Making boys feel good about themselves." Yes, exactly. This is one of the many benefits of boys playing sports. Brothers being cheered on by their sisters, far from nurturing resentment, nurtures familial affection. What nurtures resentment is the attitude that there needs to be an "equivalent" supplied for every good enjoyed by one sibling that cannot be enjoyed by another, rather than an attitude of being happy for others.

One of the SSPX seminarians in Virginia at the moment was an all-Ireland hurling champion before he joined the seminary, another was a high school state football champion. There's a former Manchester United professional soccer player who's now a priest and trying to revive the traditional Dominican-rite in the Indult. Athletics were a perfectly healthy aspiration for these men that lead them to even higher aspirations.

Not an equivalent for EVERY good enjoyed by other siblings, but some. There is absolutely NO equivalent for girls at all. This is a huge problem and all my trad mom friends deal with the same difficulties. 

coffeeandcigarette

Playing sports was a male occupation because it was developed and encouraged as an actual study of war. It was study for their job. Grown boys and men running around playing sports now is purely recreational, so do not equate a girl preparing for a vocation to boys playing games.

Historical falsehood. The Greeks cared more about winning the Olympics than they did about winning wars.

Even as late as St. Augustine around the year 400 AD, he still used the Greek dating system of counting years by the Olympiads. So this was their foundational belief, just like we date our years from the birth of Christ.

Making a man feel good about himself by cheering while he runs after a ball is NOT a women's vocation. Supporting him as a husband and father, respecting him, and building love, honor, and trust for him in the minds on one's children is her vocation. The pride and worth a man feels in his vocation, the times when he feels "good about himself," should come from doing the will of God and raising his family for heaven...not playing a game and fueling his ego. Sports are all about pride and self-image. I agree with Awkward, if men really want to make sure they are super masculine and pump their bodies with testosterone, they should be clearing a few acres of land, stacking a rick of wood a day, or walking/hiking through nature.

queen.saints

What's not a woman's vocation is belittling and insulting an ancient masculine activity like sports. What's not a woman's vocation is sitting around with other women and complaining- especially about their sons' masculine pursuits.

And the idea that boys get all the goods in life while girls get none is the kind of juvenile attitude that might possibly be excused in a child, but not in a grown woman.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Graham

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 12, 2019, 04:01:38 PMSports are all about pride and self-image. I agree with Awkward, if men really want to make sure they are super masculine and pump their bodies with testosterone, they should be clearing a few acres of land, stacking a rick of wood a day, or walking/hiking through nature.

Girls should be able to play sports because it's unfair, but sports are evil and men should only be able to chop wood? Make up your mind

dellery

Yeah, it seems likely a girl playing a sport, and living a normal Western life, still doesn't exert the physical effort and calories a girl 100 years or more ago would have. As long as it's not coed, and ideally officiated by a man, it seems goofy not to want girls to participate in sports.
There's no way some sporty girl has more, or even comparable, testosterone levels to a properly developed man. Personally, I find little to no difference in trad women/girls than non-trad midwestern girls, and if keeping a girl from playing sports keeps her more pure and lady-like than the girls who do not, then this is certainly news to me.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Tales

Quote from: Maximilian on November 12, 2019, 12:53:22 PM
Quote from: lauermar on November 12, 2019, 04:20:05 AM

I oppose high risk combat missions (military and police) for healthy women of childbearing age.

Any women at all in the military or police forces is a sure sign that one's civilization has reached a terminal stage of decay.
Yes, and soon they will be signing up women for the draft as well.  That just takes the cake, doesn't it.  It will not be long before "women and children first" becomes a free for all with the men slugging the women so that they can get onto the lifeboats.

Tales

Can anyone show me a time in any Catholic culture in which women played sports?  If you cannot use logic to figure out why this is bad, then is not 1,000+ years of evidence from every Catholic nation enough to rest the case?

There is a clearing in the woods.  In this clearing is an abandoned house with a tall imposing fence surrounding it.  The fence has a gate and the gate is locked.

Some people will approach this and say:  "Why is this here?  Why is it fenced off, why is it locked?  Seems strange, I cannot figure out why, let's cut the lock and go look inside."

But others will say "Interesting, I shouldn't go in there."

The Curt Jester

Quote from: Maximilian on November 12, 2019, 01:16:10 PM

a. Your math is all wrong. The odds are much better than one in a million.

Sorry I wasn't able to get you an exact statistic.

Quoteb. You are discouraging your student from having youthful big dreams by dumping false old-man rationalizations on him.
  c. Only those who try will make it.

You're missing the point.  I only told that one student because he was using it as an excuse to not try at anything else.  I'm discouraging stupidly throwing aside any kind of study (such as math, language arts, history, etc.) for the big dream of being the next Messi.  Trying to achieve in sports is fine, but trying to achieve in sports to the neglect of all other things is ridiculous.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"